Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1457 Posts

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

-I've made this clear before many times on the forum, but I will state this again. Anytime any change to the ECU software is performed by the dealer (doesn't matter what kind of update it is, doesn't matter if they flash the same exact software your ECU already has), your handheld MUST BE RESET, and the ECU MUST BE READ AGAIN. The old files will not be compatible, the bit rate is now different, the file signature is now different, even if the software version is the same. Any change, and the ECU must be read again, and new files created by me. If you get updated to a software version that I do not have, then I will not be able to create tune files for your car until I have acquired a full, original file directly from the ECU. This is a procedure that only I can perform here, it cannot be done from somewhere else. There are only so many file origins I can attain without having a physical ECU here, and someone must be willing or able to send in their ECU for me to read and send back.
Moderator's note: The above quote has been added with EuroCompulsion's approval. It's from post 1041 (https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/802-vendor-deals/29865-euro-drive-alfa-romeo-giulia-2-0l-tuning-official-thread-105.html#post698884) of this thread. This answers the single most asked question in this thread.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EURO+DRIVE® ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 2.0L TUNING (OFFICIAL THREAD)

EUROCOMPULSION® is pleased to present the ultimate engine control unit (ECU) upgrade for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 2.0L. The EURO+DRIVE® Tuning system is available in power-specific variations and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s factory ECU through the OBD-II port without any physical modification to the factory ECU. The EURO+DRIVE® functionality puts the control of the engine’s operation at your fingertips and allows for comprehensive tuning calibrations that do not only effect power output but drive-ability, throttle response, consistency and smooths over-all power delivery.

PRODUCT PHOTO:

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

FEATURES:

• True OBD2 Flash Tuning/Calibration
  • Use of Genuine OEM Software,Maps and Protocols
  • Alfa Romeo DNA system Preserved & Sharpened in all modes
  • Simple User Interface (with on-line instructions)
  • Storage of 5 maps for convenient map switching (including your stock map)
  • Each Calibration is custom calibrated to your ECU specific file and VIN number
  • Calibrations will include modification calibrations
  • Calibrations will Optimize power, drive-ability, and efficiency
  • Unparalleled consistent, linear, & smooth power delivery
  • Calibrations will retain OEM tuning logic ( IE self adaptation) and all safety checks
  • Flashing procedure is easy, safe and protects against incomplete/incompatible flashes
  • All factory hardware works properly
  • The EURO+DRIVE® does not hack/manipulate or bypass the factory ECU
  • Full control over all engine parameters by utilizing true factory Calibrations
  • Specially requested Calibrations available (additional fees may apply)
  • 91oct minimal fuel requirement
  • Calibrations are fine tuned and custom tailored for your existing modifications
  • EURO+DRIVE Calibrations are Street/AutoX/Track proven with an extremely high ratio of podium finishes
  • No physical removal of ECU is required
PRICING

Price: $1199.99 (Forum Users Intro Discount: -$100 Discount Code:"ECGIULIAEURODRIVE") (Code good Thru Feb.28th 2018, No Exceptions)

Link: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/alfa-romeo-giulia-engine/products/euro-drive-tuning-system-alfa-romeo-giulia-2-0l

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats!
Does the handheld allow for real-time monitoring of engine parameters and data logging? What about disabling start/stop via the tune?

·
Registered
427 Posts
BOOM!!!
Congrats on getting this out the door! I see set up through your PC. Will this run in a Mac? I know the pertronix electronic timing I installed on my 69 spider was only compatible with a PC.
Very excited by the posted performance numbers. 350hp...Will it come with a VELOCE sticker? What about the numbers on a car without your intake and exhaust mods?
I am going to sell this to my wife on the enhanced fuel economy in A mode. I hope the customizable settings allow me to basically turn the car into a turboless European base 200hp 2L. Getting an extra 5 mpg...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good stuff! I assume the euro drive lite system is still in the works? Any idea what the gains there are? Lastly, any upgrade path if one decides on the lite and would like to move up to the euro drive?

Thanks for all your hard work!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Very excited about this. If I ever get my car back from Alfa I'm in.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Excited this is available for the Giulia. Definitely higher than I was anticipating so I may have to wait a bit to purchase. Congrats on the release!
Looks like an outstanding product. Any further discounts for customers who bought the V2 intake early? Like another $100? :D
We may put together a bundle package, but that will be up to Chris on whether or not he's open to that with pricing (usually he is).

I will say that for the price, you will be getting much more than just Phase 1. Here is a list of the maps and what will be included with purchase, and likely in this order of release:

-Handheld (with purchase)
-Stock Map (with purchase)
-Phase 1 (with purchase)
-Add on features (with purchase) (example: raised rev limiter, park neutral rev limit, etc. These can be added to any map that you want to) (with purchase)
-Phase 2 (with purchase)
-Dual Map (with purchase) (example: individual mapping of the DNA switch. Putting certain N mode tuning parameters into A mode, N mode to Phase 1, D mode to Phase 2, etc. This can all be done with a single file and ECU flash)

-Pops and bangs (extra charge, likely about $50) I'm not clear on whether or not I will be able to activate this in a particular mode. With past cars, it is just all encompassing, but slightly more subdued in the eco modes. So that is something to be aware of and I will know for sure once I get it finalized.

-We will also offer dyno tuning, and I can do custom mapping based on datalogs if you have a particularly different or custom setup. It's likely we will offer custom maps for larger turbos, etc in the future, those usually cost extra but nothing crazy.

Congrats!
Does the handheld allow for real-time monitoring of engine parameters and data logging? What about disabling start/stop via the tune?
The handheld does not offer datalogging. It can clear CELs and DTCs, but using a bluetooth reader is quicker in regards to time spent.

I don't know if we will dive into disabling the start/stop. There are a few problems with this. Through the tune, it will be done via the ECU. I've not been able to completely shut it off and keep the car from posting an error message on the dash (which disables it anyway). The ECU only manages this function based on conditions (speed, coolant temp, barometric pressure, etc). Plus, this information exists in the programmed RAM of the ECU file, which can be dicey to mess with. Turning one thing off in the case of the Giulia usually results in errors for other things, it's just the nature of the programming.

Primary management is through the BCM and IBS node on the battery. The BCM has a relay switch for the start/stop, and there's no effective way to change any of the BCM functions through the ECU.

We will have other features, but I don't know if this will be one of them. A device wired into the switch would work much more effectively I think.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was planning to wait till the summer but now.. I can't wait!!!
Are 6k miles enough "break-in" in your opinion?
Yes, what is the recommended break-in miles? I'm at 2,200. Any other recommendations before install? Also, do you know if the AWD portion can handle the extra power and torque?
As long as the car is running properly, I don't suspect any kind of set break in mileage is necessary. Over 2,000 miles should be more than thorough, a lot of depends on how you drive the car and in what modes.

The only recommendation for install I have is take the car out for a drive before flashing to warm it up. There's a portion of the install where the car has to warm to operating temps, and then rev to 6k rpm. It will go more quickly and smoothly if the car has been warmed up. I will detail this in the user guide and instructions I'm posting today.

The AWD portion can handle the torque. In fact, the AWD torque management allows for higher torque usage in the mid-high range as opposed to the 2WD Giulia. This is also true for the Stelvio.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Thanks for the info Toby. It's hard to tell from the dyno charts, but does the tune do anything for performance below 3000 rpm? Looking at the dyno charts it appears that the V2 intake is making all the difference below 3k. My commute doesn't involve even getting to 3k, much less above it. If the V2 intake I already have is the only thing making a difference up to 3k, I have to decide if there's any real daily benefit to getting the tune. I'd love to have it, but spending a grand for something that I wouldn't even benefit from unless I go above 3k rpm (which I rarely do to be honest) is a tough decision.

It looks like you guys have really put a lot of value in the deal though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
BOOM!!!
Congrats on getting this out the door! I see set up through your PC. Will this run in a Mac? I know the pertronix electronic timing I installed on my 69 spider was only compatible with a PC.
Very excited by the posted performance numbers. 350hp...Will it come with a VELOCE sticker? What about the numbers on a car without your intake and exhaust mods?
I am going to sell this to my wife on the enhanced fuel economy in A mode. I hope the customizable settings allow me to basically turn the car into a turboless European base 200hp 2L. Getting an extra 5 mpg...
Unfortunately, no. It is only setup for PC usage. However, many of our customers have been MAC users and used programs like Parallels and VMware Fusion with no problem.

My goals were to make Veloce engine power, or at least get close to it!

If I get a stock Giulia back here that we can tune, I will get exact numbers. For right now the differences on the graphs is the best deltas we have between the setups.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good stuff! I assume the euro drive lite system is still in the works? Any idea what the gains there are? Lastly, any upgrade path if one decides on the lite and would like to move up to the euro drive?

Thanks for all your hard work!
I don't know if we will be proceeding with the piggyback unit. There's just too many capabilities required for boost control to add this kind of power to the car that the tune does with ease, and a piggyback just cannot carry out.

hi,

is it possible to use this tune on european giulias?

greetings from germany
ben
Yes, absolutely. The 280hp Giulia should be straightforward. The 200hp variant will have different software numbers, but we have an open database that will allow for correct matching. The mechanicals are the same, so the differences will be in the tune file.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks for the info Toby. It's hard to tell from the dyno charts, but does the tune do anything for performance below 3000 rpm? Looking at the dyno charts it appears that the V2 intake is making all the difference below 3k. My commute doesn't involve even getting to 3k, much less above it. If the V2 intake I already have is the only thing making a difference up to 3k, I have to decide if there's any real daily benefit to getting the tune. I'd love to have it, but spending a grand for something that I wouldn't even benefit from unless I go above 3k rpm (which I rarely do to be honest) is a tough decision.

It looks like you guys have really put a lot of value in the deal though.
Absolutely, there's quite a bit of difference under 3K rpm. The problem was when going WOT to make peak torque under 3K rpm (it's ideal starting point for peak torque was about 2250rpm), the car wanted to hop/skip the rollers, it was causing millisecond spikes in the curve (some of it was attributed to how low the car sat on the rollers). The way the dyno works, it loads the car before starting the run. So it was either go up to a much higher gear than needed, or feather the throttle during loading, and then accelerate to WOT more moderately as the run starts (which is what we did).

1 - 20 of 1457 Posts