Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In general, how do we escalate complaints with Alfa Romeo?

I'd like to escalate issues I've been having with my Alfa Premium Care representative, who I thought was already supposed to be an escalation above my local service center.

I don't really understand what Premium Care is supposed to be or how it's supposed to work. My initial contact was essentially a cold call I received. Could anyone explain it a bit more?

·
Registered
48 Posts
In general, how do we escalate complaints with Alfa Romeo?

I'd like to escalate issues I've been having with my Alfa Premium Care representative, who I thought was already supposed to be an escalation above my local service center.

I don't really understand what Premium Care is supposed to be or how it's supposed to work. My initial contact was essentially a cold call I received. Could anyone explain it a bit more?
I have been dealing with this "process" for about 4 months.

Step 1 - escalate to your case manager's supervisor.
Step 2 - schedule your vehicle to be taken in for service through the support supervisor. Typically at this point, they will open a STAR case with a tech in Italy to work on your problem: WARNING, this is a looooong winded process
Step 3 - if still not satisfied, talk to the service manager at the dealership and ask to get in touch with the Regional Service Manager for your area
Step 4 - escalate to Chrysler's internal resolution team (Chrysler Resolutions): seek compensation, replacement, etc.

None of this is quick nor easy. The communication between the internal teams is God-awful. Their "process" is being defined as they go and is not in the best interests of us consumers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It sounds like the missing piece for me is Regional Service Manager. I'm still not clear on what Premium Care even is.

My Giulia was making a thud noise during accel/brake. As soon as it was diagnosed as a loose heat shield, I was contacted by a blocked/unknown number that turned out to be whatever Premium Care is. I didn't initiate anything.

Long story short, nothing went as well as anyone hoped, and I consistently play phone tag with both premium care and the service center. And both sides seem to think the other side is responsible for keeping me updated, which means neither side is doing so.

I've asked the Premium Care rep to speak with her supervisor, and she's replied "I have escalated this, you can rest assured we take your concerns seriously." Which means absolutely nothing.

All while my car sits in a Chrysler service center waiting for random parts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You’re right, this sounds like a nightmare. I talked to premium care once. Knew then it was useless moved on and took care of it myself.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Regional rep and regional tech. I think these are key facts. The dealerships need experienced and trained people to handle the teething pains and local screw ups of the "new" dealerships. Old guard, well seasoned shops like Miller in CT or Herb Chambers in Wayland/Milburry, MA have been working with premium Italian cars for decades, even back before Alfa left in the 90s. The new Fiat Chrysler shops are not going to be up to speed right away. And it's only been a year and a half realistically since the Giulia arrived. Even as far as the factory goes, it's still "early" in production and a safer bet looking back on the production history of the new Giulia would probably be 2019+ if you were a collector or buying used. Alfa Romeo would be much better off by making this clear to their customers and staff alike. Problems, screw ups, accidents, crazy electronic phantoms, are all part of the life of a "new entry" into the automobile market. But the saving grace is the style, history and proven performance of one of the oldest brands in the world, "when it works." :D Haha. I think some of the new Chrysler/Jeep dealerships have been spooked by the issues or caught off guard by the clientele and changing demands. Urban beater cars are NOT Alfa Romeos. ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Regional Service Manager was the only one who got anything done for me last year. Was a 5 second phone call and he agreed to everything I wanted/needed when I was repeatedly told no by everyone else.

Took me like 5 trips to the dealer and a few months of getting upset with Alfa Cares. Incidentally, every time I asked for a manager at Alfa Cares I was always talking to the manager...mmmhmmm

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meanwhile my car has spent a total of 6 weeks (so far!) at this Chrysler service center.

For a freaking loose heat shield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agreed with everything above. Skipping the details of my ordeal, I will say this much; I have gone from Dealership to Regional Manager to Alfa Cares to STAR case with Alfa Cares to Chrysler Resolution Team since January. I get a call after 5 1/2 months from someone who I have never spoken to at Chrysler resolutions (By the way you will NEVER get one of them on the phone, I mean NEVER, they are in Texas and uninterested and WILL call your car an "Alfa RomeRo") and told they could not come to a resolution. I have never dealt with customer service/care that has been this incapable and out of touch with their demographic.

Bottom line: Be prepared to lawyer up, or put together an impressive dossier of every bit of correspondence and effort (not to mention downtime of vehicle, attempted repairs, etc.) and give the NCDS a shot.

I do not believe FCA/Chysler/Alfa Romeo USA are goodwill players here. As an owner of a classic Alfa I was buying into a brand without realizing that brand was long dead... welcome to Chrysler, Alfisti.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Jesus that is scary. I will pray that the spirit of Luigi Chinetti permeates the air from CT to MA and we can get things going up here. The Giulia is such a cool car!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, to everyone who's ever asked me I've summarized it as:

The Giulia is a beautiful car, fun to drive, and a much better car than its price would indicate.

But everything that involves FCA, from the dealers to the service centers to customer care, has been among the worst car buying and servicing experiences of my life.

I don't really see how this will last.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Yes, to everyone who's ever asked me I've summarized it as:

The Giulia is a beautiful car, fun to drive, and a much better car than its price would indicate.

But everything that involves FCA, from the dealers to the service centers to customer care, has been among the worst car buying and servicing experiences of my life.

I don't really see how this will last.
I see your in the Bay Area....you purchased your Alfa from a Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/Alfa store?? or you service it at one???
just curious as my brother was thinking of an Alfa and we visited Stevens Creek as he lives in Mountain View back in January of this year, dealership looked fine but the sales people seemed/were under-informed about their product...service facility had Maserati's as well as Alfa....as they were the closest to him he took a pass.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The Giulia is a beautiful car, fun to drive...But everything that involves FCA, from the dealers to the service centers to customer care, has been among the worst car buying and servicing experiences of my lifee

This is how I explain it too. I love driving the car. But I hate owning it. When my lease is up in <11 months I'll probably move down the road and wait for FCA to mature the brand/management a bit. I took a chance on a refreshed Alfa but I think they whiffed it.

I didn't buy a $50k+ car to end up driving a Dodge Minivan, my friend nicknamed Carol since it was so bland, while the dealer and FCA fight about how to fix my car. The comparable marques would never have done that to me. I'd love to see Lexus offer a Camry or even an Avalon as a loaner...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I see your in the Bay Area....you purchased your Alfa from a Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/Alfa store?? or you service it at one???
just curious as my brother was thinking of an Alfa and we visited Stevens Creek as he lives in Mountain View back in January of this year, dealership looked fine but the sales people seemed/were under-informed about their product...service facility had Maserati's as well as Alfa....as they were the closest to him he took a pass.
My purchasing story involves most dealers in this area refusing to allow me to test drive. And then after I managed a test drive, I did the rounds again to try to place an order — because I was stupid enough to think I'd get CarPlay if I ordered a 2018 model — but none of the dealers around here wanted to place an order for me. I ended up using a different service to order the car from a dealer entirely out of the area.

I of course tried to get my car serviced at Stevens Creek, since it's a Maserati/Alfa, but every time I've contacted them they've told me they're not allowed to service Alfas. Other people have gotten their Alfas serviced there though so I don't know the full story yet. But so I service my car at a Fiat/Chrysler that seems to be mostly Jeeps.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
My purchasing story involves most dealers in this area refusing to allow me to test drive. And then after I managed a test drive, I did the rounds again to try to place an order — because I was stupid enough to think I'd get CarPlay if I ordered a 2018 model — but none of the dealers around here wanted to place an order for me. I ended up using a different service to order the car from a dealer entirely out of the area.

I of course tried to get my car serviced at Stevens Creek, since it's a Maserati/Alfa, but every time I've contacted them they've told me they're not allowed to service Alfas. Other people have gotten their Alfas serviced there though so I don't know the full story yet. But so I service my car at a Fiat/Chrysler that seems to be mostly Jeeps.
Thank you for the response...and I'm sorry for your issues...really ruins the whole experience..
My suspicions were correct....glad he is going Audi just to avoid the headaches...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I am so glad I got to order mine. As far as I can tell, my car is 1 of 1 with my build spec. Herb Chambers has 11 Quads on the lot right now! Several are 2017s though, and are marked down a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts