Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Page 92 in my 2018 USER GUIDE.
Apparently, if you are in an accident and one or more of the airbags have deployed, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) will "determine whether to have the Enhanced Accident Response System (EARS) perform the following functions". Essentially, it will cut-off fuel delivery and electrical power to certain components, and turn on certain lights.
If, after the accident, you would want to drive the vehicle (move it off the road), you have to reset the EARS before the engine will start, etc.
It is a 12 step comical procedure. You have to read it to believe it.

Reactions: DrWalker

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Interesting. Annoying if you have to move the car out of the way in a high stress situation.

In my old Escape, I had to follow an even more comical procedure (basically touching every lever, even tilting seat) to disable the seat belt chime that blasted as soon as I put the keys into the ignition.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Fords used to have a fuel pump inertia switch that had to be reset after an impact.
Simple and analog, it was also useful as an added layer of security when parked.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fords used to have a fuel pump inertia switch that had to be reset after an impact.
Simple and analog, it was also useful as an added layer of security when parked.
80's Alfas had a device similar to the Ford, mounted under the hood.
It would fail, for no reason, and leave one stranded.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to this form and new to Alfa Romeo. I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I bought a 2017 giulia after an accident. Haven't replaced anything yet except for the power control madual on a positive side of the battery, but car still wont start and my turn signals wont work to reset the fuel cut off. Please help thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Yevy , try contacting @ALFATECH. He may know the secret handshake.

·
Vendor
1,328 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to this form and new to Alfa Romeo. I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I bought a 2017 giulia after an accident. Haven't replaced anything yet except for the power control madual on a positive side of the battery, but car still wont start and my turn signals wont work to reset the fuel cut off. Please help thank you very much in advance.
Hi Yevy,
We know you are reaching out to your fellow forum members however we would suggest visiting your local dealer as they could potentially help diagnose your concern. If additional assistance is needed, please reach out to us privately.
Laura
Alfa Romeo Cares

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi guys, infortunatelly i have met with deer...shit. belt, airbags battery safety electronics have activated...
I would like to ask what is the procedure to restart the engine?
I have change the safety tool at the battery. And tried to deleted EARS. but still available and the engine not able to run.
Somebody could tell me what is the right way?
1. Change the battery tool
2. Reprogram the airbag controller
3. Replace the belt and the bags
4. Deactivate the fuel cutter
5. Restart the engine?

Please help me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts