Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Confirmed.

amazon in 5l concentrated form. 50% dilution suggested with deionized (not same as distilled) water.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VN25M9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Finally!
I received the 5 L bottle of the concentrate, and had opportunity to dilute to 50% and mix it in a clear bottle with the OEM coolant from my Giulia reservoir. Observing the results... Indicating complete compatibility, the mixture was clear with no cloudiness but a strange color combination of orange and purple. I left the mixture on the shelf for several days; and, the result remained perfectly mixed with no emulsion, precipitates or cloudiness.

I am comfortable using this in my car.

btw, I stand corrected that although deionized is not distilled, distilled water is fine for dilution too.

·
Registered
599 Posts
mtb.ck, thank you. That’s way more expensive than the Mopar coolant though.

BTW- None of the Paraflus are orange per their website.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I saw that, just says “RED”. Of course being slightly red green color blind doesn’t help. Thank you. (I ended up trying another OAT formula but might have had a bad interaction). Mother just broke her hip yesterday so not gonna be easy to sort it out right now.....

·
Registered
599 Posts
MS-13340, or if I typed it wrong my apologies, is on the 0W-30 Mopar oil qt I got from the local dealer.

May have to have the engine coolant flushed. Not happy. Nor will my wife be at the news....

·
Registered
599 Posts
As of 01/15/18 this is the coolant per TechAuthority:

Spec MS.90032 Part #: 68163848AB

If it helps anyone who is concerned about the 50/50 mix of Paraflu providing protection down to -40 C, I kind of sorted out why. The Paraflu product is about 10 % more concentrated ethylene glycol, per SDS 90 - 100 %, whereas the stuff we are used to is 80 - 90 % ethylene glycol. If you mix 55 % our stuff to 45 % water you’d get about the same ethylene glycol concentration and protection as the factory fill.

Now on to why the tiny bit of DexCool I added started to precipitate something dark, AND turn the coolant color RED!

·
Registered
599 Posts

Just to be clear it was still within MIN and MAX, maybe 1/4 or 1/3 from MIN, and I wanted it exactly in the middle because we were expecting extremely hot weather. Not visible are small blotches of darkness towards the bottom of the reservoir....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
OK, got the correct Alfa Romeo/MOPAR coolant today at the Alfa/Maserati dealer. Verified with my Service Advisor that this is what is being used on all the Alfa's, and it matches jzchen's part number (68163848AB), but not the MS #. What seems to be correct is now meeting MOPAR MS-12106. This pours purple and mixes with distilled water to a bright purple. And, as predicted, it turns the lovely Giulia factory fill a tad brownish, depending on the amount added.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK, got the correct Alfa Romeo/MOPAR coolant today at the Alfa/Maserati dealer. Verified with my Service Advisor that this is what is being used on all the Alfa's, and it matches jzchen's part number (68163848AB), but not the MS #. What seems to be correct is now meeting MOPAR MS-12106. This pours purple and mixes with distilled water to a bright purple. And, as predicted, it turns the lovely Giulia factory fill a tad brownish, depending on the amount added.

Just to make sure before I go purchase this, it's perfectly fine to mix this with the original coolant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
540 Posts
Yikes, yeah that shipping price. Can we do a group buy?

The shipping is calculated by our online store based on weight x dimensions, sometimes for a dense product like this it quotes a bit high. If we are able to ship for less than you are charged, we always try to refund the difference.

In this case, it looks like you can save about $7.00 on the shipping by choosing Priority Mail for a single bottle, but if you buy more than 1 bottle (or other parts) UPS becomes the more economical option.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Just to make sure before I go purchase this, it's perfectly fine to mix this with the original coolant?
Ask me next month? Everything we've gone over points to this being the correct coolant for the Giulia. The purple MOPAR is the correct fill for the Orange Petronas/Alfa factory fill, as best we can determine. The MS divergence is a concern, but the part number match up with what is being said, the color is correct, the type of fluid is correct, and the dealers are using it.

P.S. Centerline is quoting the same MS-12106 as the correct fluid. So their Paraflu UP is the color of the factory fill, so if keeping the fluid the same color is important, that’s the stuff to use. If you don’t mind the confused color of adding the MOPAR product, it’s about $33 a gallon of concentrate.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yea, you can make 2 gallons of purple with a 1 gallon jug. My dealer sells the concentrate gallon for $25. It’s OAT fill. Same as the new Jeeps also use. I do wish the colors matched though, just to keep it clean looking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went to my local service department today to pick up a jug. I took a shot for reference but the color looks correct to the factory fill which is orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
41 - 60 of 79 Posts