Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really can't stand all the advertisements on this site. They *noticeably* slow down the loading of every page, and generally make the entire forum slower, and seriously diminish the enjoyability of using the site. Further, the mobile (iPhone) version of the site crashes regulary, which I would attribute to all the ads.

I understand the site needs the income from the ads to remain a free resource for the community. But I would be willing to pay a modest monthly fee to eliminate all ads. To phrase it in a Giulia metaphor, we are stuck in "A" mode (ad mode) and I'd be willing to pay a small amount to be able to get it into Race Mode.

Anyone else feel this way? Any possibility a pay option could be added so we could remove all these annoying ads?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,788 Posts
They disappear when I'm logged in.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
last time this came up I aksed the admin and they had said a paid/no ad option was slowly in the works (coming soon!). If any stop you viewing the site let the admin know as it's not meant to do that. Also agree with Chip that mine seem to vanish when logging in other than the right hand side, at least on my laptop

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I've got to tell you..I really enjoy this Forum...but the minute I have someone else "nickel and diming" me....not interested in paying...sorry...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,788 Posts
I've got to tell you..I really enjoy this Forum...but the minute I have someone else "nickel and diming" me....not interested in paying...sorry...
'Net neutrality!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Haha. And when I worked at telephone reference down at the main BPL library in Copley Square, I used to sing the "Video killed the radio star" song but with new lyrics. "Java apps killed the internet flow!" And it's true, the constant push to force feed more bells and whistles into our faces via the internet has driven half of the tech revolution since 2003. Multi core processors exist in order to run background apps (antivirus) without crashing the older Pentium era CPUs. Then internet animation, sound and video feeds require higher bandwidth and processing power. The whole thing is getting so bloated it's disgusting. Not to mention the constant updates to PCs and smartphones for security and operating systems. Tiresome. By the way, as I write, I am running an Intel I7 quad core gaming laptop with massive memory, nVidia Geforce GTX 560M video chipset, and blast internet from Comcast ~60M. Windows 10 and recent time consuming update, thank you very much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts