Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Giulia Ti with 500 miles getting Electronic Throttle Control warning light on dash. Doesn't stay on and doesn't always come on when using. Anyone have similar problem?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes there's been a couple threads on this matter. I believe Alfa has a TSB and or RRT available for this issue. Might want to check with your dealer and have them run a TechConnet on your car, it should pull up.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My electronic throttle control warning light came on ....not allowing me to shift out of "N" mode...I spoke to my service adviser...he asked if the Service Engine warning light was flashing...It was not...it was steady....he felt I could drive the car but if that light begins to flash, do not....So...took the car to our weekly Sunday breakfast as usual....got there with no issue but the Service engine light remained on and steady....had breakfast and the ALFA GOD shined on my Giulia and WAHLAH !!!! Everything is back to normal....GOD BLESS ITALY AND ALL THE ALFA ROMEO DEALERS OF AMERICA !!!.... CURED !!! :D

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Do it

2017 Giulia Ti with 500 miles getting Electronic Throttle Control warning light on dash. Doesn't stay on and doesn't always come on when using. Anyone have similar problem?
That is good advice from MakeItRain. I suggest you get your car in ASAP to get SB 18-030-17. If not, I fear there may be a worse failure in your future.
My wife experienced the type of "soft failure" that you describe. A week later, I had the "service electronic throttle" warning light come on again, but this time the car went into limp mode.
The software update has completely resolved the problem, and can be done while you wait. Do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts