Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased the Giulia in late 2017 after much research. During initial driving, various electrical problems popped up—sunroof and sunshade stopped responding; speakers cut out; etc. But 2weeks ago, the brakes failed! Luckily, we were already slowed approaching a stop light, but we hit the car in front of us. After two weeks in the dealership, the Alfa “ special investigator “ now says there’s nothing wrong with the car!!
We’re afraid to drive it again.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We purchased the Giulia in late 2017 after much research. During initial driving, various electrical problems popped up—sunroof and sunshade stopped responding; speakers cut out; etc. But 2weeks ago, the brakes failed! Luckily, we were already slowed approaching a stop light, but we hit the car in front of us. After two weeks in the dealership, the Alfa “ special investigator “ now says there’s nothing wrong with the car!!
Lawyer time

EDIT - Huh, just noticed you joined today and it's the only post. People are going to suspect you are a fraudulent instigator account. How you react will determine the validity. You can either provide evidence to support your stated incident or you can abuse everyone here and call us names for 'doubting' you in an overly reactive tone.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Really? They fixed the collision damage in two weeks? Could you post some photos of the damage?

·
Registered
121 Posts
very strange as I believe the Giulia's electronic braking system also operates hydraulically. Elsewhere there has been posted a schematic of the Alfa braking system that shows that even with an electrical system failure the brakes will still activate. It was posted on a thread I started regarding "brake knocking noise ".

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,757 Posts
Sounds fishy....Mueller and Comey should look into this more closely....
Fake news? Class-action suit to follow? Toll-free phone number?

I'm curious to see whether the OP will prove to be of the "one and done" variety.

Reactions: mc3456

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
watching... looked up this user. if they don't come back and substantiate their claims i'll remove under laws of BS ;) Right now - it 'looks' ok from a user account/person perspective

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It could be the "dog ate my homework" although my dog has eaten my work so not necessarily a false hood but what was it that I forgot to do that caused it. Like brake. It sounds like the poster had multiple electrical issues and may be drawing a false conclusion. I know nothing about brakes but if I do rear end someone I will tell my husband that the car didn't brake. It wasn't me. See someone else had the same problem.

So what happened after. The brakes started functioning normally? It is odd though.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,904 Posts
can someone explain what the motivation of this type of trolling might be? I can't fathom why someone would bother.
I dunno, but I recollect a Giulia forum member bragging here about going trolling on a BMW forum...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.