Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2018 QV which has never had any major issues throughout my ownership. I'm the original owner. But today when I started the car, the cluster flashed multiple errors. The car runs, but it's clear the errors have affected most of the functionality of the car.

Some observations:
  • Turn signals not working
  • A/C fan runs, but does not cool
  • Fuel gauge doesn't work
  • Door lock indicator is lit red even though the doors aren't locked
  • Lights do not work
  • Etc.

My question is has anyone experienced a similar issue? If so, was there a DIY solution? I wonder if disconnecting the battery to reset the car would fix the issue?

I've attached some pics of the the errors on my cluster for reference.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 128503
View attachment 128501
View attachment 128502
I have a '19 QV and so far no issues. I've read that a weak battery could be the culprit. I'm planning on replacing the battery soon to avoid problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don’t know what you mean?
Sorry, some manufacturers refer to the battery management system as BMS and some “Alfa” calls it Intelligent battery system IBS. There is a certain way to hook up battery tenders on these cars to keep the IBS from messing things up. These cars are electrical divas and they are very particular with voltage, otherwise you get a Christmas tree all lit up!

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Sorry, some manufacturers refer to the battery management system as BMS and some “Alfa” calls it Intelligent battery system IBS. There is a certain way to hook up battery tenders on these cars to keep the IBS from messing things up. These cars are electrical divas and they are very particular with voltage, otherwise you get a Christmas tree all lit up!
I understand, I’ve been using on my Alfas for 4 years. What I didn’t understand was why you commented on my post which was only suggesting the poster might want to invest in a battery tender - I provided no input on how to connect or use one. No worries though, just didn’t understand the context of your post.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts