Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I there a way to limit how far the seat moves back upon existing or just turn off that feature off?
I feel that at times I am being moved too far back and at other times it just slows me down getting in and out.

I could not find this in the manual in the info-dash.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Relax, enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yes, it depends on how far or close you set your seating position. I love the feature as it makes exiting easier for us with replaced joints.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, but for me.. its nice, but It getting old quick. specially when I get in the car and car reach the pedal to turn it on.
I am 5-7.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Once you set up your seat on one of the memory buttons - the seat stops going back when you turn the car off. In fact - I set up the second button so that I CAN move back now.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
41 Posts
Once back in the car, if you hit the Start button without touching the brake pedal, the seat moves forward again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once you set up your seat on one of the memory buttons - the seat stops going back when you turn the car off. In fact - I set up the second button so that I CAN move back now.
That doesn't seem to be the case for me. I have set all 3 buttons and the seat still moves back. At least when I open the door.

Also, it seems that my passenger seat is broken. It's makes a horrible noise when elevating the seat and doesn't move very much. Sounds like the gears aren't meshed properly and about to strip.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Like I said if the seat is ahead of a certain position(you can play around to find it) the seat will move back. Behind that position it won't.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great design, poor execution. Wish there was an off button. Should be an easy software fix...

Perhaps the Top Gear episode when Jeremy pretends he couldn't get out of the Q spooked Alfa?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great design, poor execution. Wish there was an off button. Should be an easy software fix...

Perhaps the Top Gear episode when Jeremy pretends he couldn't get out of the Q spooked Alfa?
I was hoping a software update would add that. That in the ONLY thing I find annoying.
Well and the side rear view mirror create a blind spot for me. Other than that I am good.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was hoping a software update would add that. That in the ONLY thing I find annoying.
Well and the side rear view mirror create a blind spot for me. Other than that I am good.
Agreed, I also find the side rear view mirror creates a major blind spot.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Agreed, I also find the side rear view mirror creates a major blind spot.
The mirror creates a blind spot (blocks forward view) or the mirror has a blind spot (inadequate rearward view)?

Your driving position (both up-down and fore-aft) will affect both.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The mirror creates a blind spot (blocks forward view) or the mirror has a blind spot (inadequate rearward view)?

Your driving position (both up-down and fore-aft) will affect both.
Rearward vision is fine, driving position is fine. The mirror is so big it blocks a lot of my view like trying to see the curb out the drivers window just rearward of the A-pillar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts