Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sharing pictures and my experience installing Eibach lowering springs on my 2019 Giulia Ti Sport AWD/Q4 Nero Edizione. I have the non-staggered wheels and without adaptive suspension. Like many others, mainly did it for the look. For me, I achieved exactly what I was looking for visually with a close to a symmetrical gap – not too high like stock and not too low where it looks “slammed.” To my butt-o-meter, the ride doesn’t seem very different.

This was my first significant modification to my Giulia, and my first time installing lowering springs. Big thanks to those that posted guides, tips, and pictures (linked following). I also found a couple of YouTube videos (linked following) that were helpful. Not having prior experience with suspensions (or cars in general) this was a huge learning experience. Much respect for those that do this type of thing for a living. I was sore for two days after spending so much time on the ground, contorting myself, and straining to loosen bolts!

Installation highlights:
Used QuickJacks to jack up the car. On the fronts, getting the loosened strut assembly out confused me at first but with a hand from my son was able to pivot it out. The next challenge was finding the easiest way to remove the nut on the top of the strut hat without the strut rod spinning. Ended up using vice grips and a towel to hold the spindle while turning the 16mm nut on top. I appreciated the tip from one of the videos was marking a note of the alignment of the top hat and the strut so that when back together with the new spring, it goes back in and the 3 bolts line up at the top.

For the rears, I tried the spring only removal method first but ran into an issue the first time with the angle of the spring compressor not allowing me to compress further (moment of panic), so I had to do the full disassembly. With my new learnings, a little patience, and a lot of tweaking and pulling I got the second rear out just by compressing the spring.
The project took me a while and was much more difficult than I expected, however, I do feel a sense of accomplishment completing the job myself. That said, if I were to do it again, I might just pay someone to do it. In fact, I think I’ll ask the alignment shop to double-check my work and re-torque the key bits.

Measurements - ground to top of the wheel arch
BeforeAfterNet
Driver Front27 ½26 ¼1 ¼
Passenger Front27 ½26 ¼1 ¼
Driver Rear27 7/826 ½1 3/8
Passenger Rear2826 ¾1 ¼

My SuperSprint exhaust (non-resonated front/race rear) just arrived and I hope to put on tomorrow. I also ordered the V2 intake this weekend as it was on sale. If we get a warm weekend soon, I plan to polish and ceramic coat her.

Before

After

Part Links
Giulia Forums Install Links (thanks again for the guides/posts)
Videos

·
Registered
22 Posts
very nice, I also think about buying eibach 25mm lowering springs. Looks good 👍

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very nice. I too just had my springs installed. I went with the Madness version and I paid someone to do it. I have done it in the past on other cars and at present I lack the tools to perform this work myself. Great job undertaking this as your first real project, it's not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the same springs and I feel like my rear sits a lot higher than yours does. Looks good though!

Reactions: Monoski

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks @Monoski ! This is very helpful and appreciate the links all in one place.

Looks great and seems to be a perfect drop. I think I’ll be going Eibach for my Q4 as well.

Anyone out there put Eibachs on their Q4 with adaptive suspension? That’s my only concern at the moment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice. I too just had my springs installed. I went with the Madness version and I paid someone to do it. I have done it in the past on other cars and at present I lack the tools to perform this work myself. Great job undertaking this as your first real project, it's not for the faint of heart.
Was thinking about going to Madness as well. Did you get their lowering springs and install spacers too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not install spacers on mine.
Could you send some pics? Also, do you feel any difference in the drive?

I have never lowered by previous cars so don't even know if spacers are purely cosmetic resulting in the tires being pushed outward a bit.

·
Vendor
2,828 Posts
Thanks @Monoski ! This is very helpful and appreciate the links all in one place.

Looks great and seems to be a perfect drop. I think I’ll be going Eibach for my Q4 as well.

Anyone out there put Eibachs on their Q4 with adaptive suspension? That’s my only concern at the moment.
incl. vehicles with original electronic damper adjustment/ adaptive driving behaviour control

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oh man looks tits...lol
Did you Veh aligned after install?
You should and get the specs, especially the camber.
I wonder if camber adjustable?
any rubbing issues w spacers?
im thinking of same setup w my Q4

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sharing pictures and my experience installing Eibach lowering springs on my 2019 Giulia Ti Sport AWD/Q4 Nero Edizione. I have the non-staggered wheels and without adaptive suspension. Like many others, mainly did it for the look. For me, I achieved exactly what I was looking for visually with a close to a symmetrical gap – not too high like stock and not too low where it looks “slammed.” To my butt-o-meter, the ride doesn’t seem very different.

This was my first significant modification to my Giulia, and my first time installing lowering springs. Big thanks to those that posted guides, tips, and pictures (linked following). I also found a couple of YouTube videos (linked following) that were helpful. Not having prior experience with suspensions (or cars in general) this was a huge learning experience. Much respect for those that do this type of thing for a living. I was sore for two days after spending so much time on the ground, contorting myself, and straining to loosen bolts!

Installation highlights:
Used QuickJacks to jack up the car. On the fronts, getting the loosened strut assembly out confused me at first but with a hand from my son was able to pivot it out. The next challenge was finding the easiest way to remove the nut on the top of the strut hat without the strut rod spinning. Ended up using vice grips and a towel to hold the spindle while turning the 16mm nut on top. I appreciated the tip from one of the videos was marking a note of the alignment of the top hat and the strut so that when back together with the new spring, it goes back in and the 3 bolts line up at the top.

For the rears, I tried the spring only removal method first but ran into an issue the first time with the angle of the spring compressor not allowing me to compress further (moment of panic), so I had to do the full disassembly. With my new learnings, a little patience, and a lot of tweaking and pulling I got the second rear out just by compressing the spring.
The project took me a while and was much more difficult than I expected, however, I do feel a sense of accomplishment completing the job myself. That said, if I were to do it again, I might just pay someone to do it. In fact, I think I’ll ask the alignment shop to double-check my work and re-torque the key bits.

Measurements - ground to top of the wheel arch
BeforeAfterNet
Driver Front27 ½26 ¼1 ¼
Passenger Front27 ½26 ¼1 ¼
Driver Rear27 7/826 ½1 3/8
Passenger Rear2826 ¾1 ¼

My SuperSprint exhaust (non-resonated front/race rear) just arrived and I hope to put on tomorrow. I also ordered the V2 intake this weekend as it was on sale. If we get a warm weekend soon, I plan to polish and ceramic coat her.

Before
View attachment 105419

After
View attachment 105420

Part Links
Giulia Forums Install Links (thanks again for the guides/posts)
Videos

How long for the springs to arrive from Tuner Shop from date of order?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How long for the springs to arrive from Tuner Shop from date of order?
Ordered 11/9, shipped 11/10, received 11/12. I was really surprised at how quickly they arrived!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh man looks tits...lol
Did you Veh aligned after install?
You should and get the specs, especially the camber.
I wonder if camber adjustable?
any rubbing issues w spacers?
im thinking of same setup w my Q4
I did get it aligned. Here's the results. It's greek to me. I have no rubbing at all. I'm going to experiment with larger spacers in the front as I still think the wheels are sucked in too much. I'm also thinking about wider wheels but that will have to wait until annual bonus time (if there is a bonus).

·
Registered
382 Posts
thanks for reply.. the guy who did the alignment should get a bonus!!! These numbers are unreal...,
how did he get caster and camber to come in??? Looks like your car dropped nearly 2” with those springs and only -1.2 camber front?. Would you say that’s accurate??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for reply.. the guy who did the alignment should get a bonus!!! These numbers are unreal...,
how did he get caster and camber to come in??? Looks like your car dropped nearly 2” with those springs and only -1.2 camber front?. Would you say that’s accurate??
My measurement was 1 1/4 drop (from top of the wheel well to ground). Shout out to Tru-Line Frame & Wheel - Auto Repair Shop Serving Seattle & Surrounding Areas Specializing in Alignment, Brakes, Lifts, Suspension, Wheel Balancing in Seattle for the alignment. I got the impression that they know their shit, but it's greek to me. Alignment includes a check at 4k miles to make sure everything is tracking/wearing ok. They also did a tire repair for me previously and I was impressed with the attention to detail.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: Triumph23

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,525 Posts
Rear is adjustable, to some extent. Front, not at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts