Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finished the install yesterday.

Took about 4 hours with two experienced mechanics. No shop manual yet :(

The ride is almost identical to stock. I feel the road just a little bit more, but the handling has improved.

I really like the new ride height, no more ugly wheel gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Looks great! What tire height are you running front and back? 35s for 40s? Your's is RW not AWD correct? AWDs have a larger gap than RWD version.

Below is a picture with the stock rims and tires (225/40/19) with the Eibach lowering springs (only ones currently available) and the car looks like it lowered a half inch more than I feel comfortable. Your car's ride height looks spot on though. It can still drop a bit more once the springs settle.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice. Has the nose scraped yet now that she sits lower?

Not yet :)

My driveway is very steep and requires some finessing

I'm pretty used to driving lowered cars. I will go lower once I get a coilover kit for the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great! What tire height are you running front and back? 35s for 40s? Your's is RW not AWD correct? AWDs have a larger gap than RWD version.

Below is a picture with the stock rims and tires (225/40/19) with the Eibach lowering springs (only ones currently available) and the car looks like it lowered a half inch more than I feel comfortable. Your car's ride height looks spot on though. It can still drop a bit more once the springs settle.

I run 40's all around, and mine is RWD.

I actually wish it was a little lower, but that's just me. I am careful.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I run 40's all around, and mine is RWD.

I actually wish it was a little lower, but that's just me. I am careful.
Tell me about it. I am personally waiting for coil overs to become available so I can control the dampening when its lowered.

I feel that If I get the lowering springs and I have my fat friends riding in the back, my car will scrape to no end.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks cool!

Any plans or know of any electric adjustable for either Q or QV? Would like the Tien/Lambo setup where you can raise or drop on the go
Doesn't the Q2 and the Quad have the adjustable suspension already?

I have no clue if companies will make that in the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell me about it. I am personally waiting for coil overs to become available so I can control the dampening when its lowered.

I feel that If I get the lowering springs and I have my fat friends riding in the back, my car will scrape to no end.

I would like electronically adjustable ones, so no removing the wheels for adjustment.

I plan on getting the Novitec coilovers when they are available.

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm in the process of installing these springs on my base Giulia - Just got to finish up the front right.

I had a DIY written up, but it seems that thread was deleted or hasn't been approved.
Fronts are easier to do than the rears, weirdly enough.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in the process of installing these springs on my base Giulia - Just got to finish up the front right.

I had a DIY written up, but it seems that thread was deleted or hasn't been approved.
Fronts are easier to do than the rears, weirdly enough.

We had a lot of problems getting the rear strut to go back in between its place in the control arm.

Took a lot of pressure to get the springs out as well. I would say 3-4 hours minimum of labor for these.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Are you certain you have the correct Springs? I had an email exchange with squadra sportiva and they stated the Einach lowering kit is only for 2.2 diesel as of right now

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
Looks nice. Has the nose scraped yet now that she sits lower?
Easy enough to scrape stock. I think there's a set of curb feelers in my parents' garage.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Are you certain you have the correct Springs? I had an email exchange with squadra sportiva and they stated the Einach lowering kit is only for 2.2 diesel as of right now
Hi Giovanni,

The Eibach Pro-Kit lowering kits are for all Giulias as per the below link:

However, I feel that these lower the Giula a bit too much with stock rims and tires. If you have a AWD, the drop would be perfect I think. Anyway, I am personally holding out until coil overs become available.

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/products/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-spring-kit-alfa-romeo-giulia

·
Registered
529 Posts
We had a lot of problems getting the rear strut to go back in between its place in the control arm.

Took a lot of pressure to get the springs out as well. I would say 3-4 hours minimum of labor for these.
Your car has rear struts? Mine has rear shocks which are bolted to the control arm, while the spring is loosely mounted on perches further back on the control arm.

The lower shock mount took some effort to get aligned. Prying the spring out of it's perches was also a pain.
The rears seem to be an hour each, assuming you can get the control arm and spindle aligned easily.
The fronts should take 45m once you know how to remove the strut.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your car has rear struts? Mine has rear shocks which are bolted to the control arm, while the spring is loosely mounted on perches further back on the control arm.

The lower shock mount took some effort to get aligned. Prying the spring out of it's perches was also a pain.
The rears seem to be an hour each, assuming you can get the control arm and spindle aligned easily.
The fronts should take 45m once you know how to remove the strut.
Yes, I meant shock. Sorry I didn't catch that while posting.

I wouldn't mind doing them again in the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Giovanni,

The Eibach Pro-Kit lowering kits are for all Giulias as per the below link:

However, I feel that these lower the Giula a bit too much with stock rims and tires. If you have a AWD, the drop would be perfect I think. Anyway, I am personally holding out until coil overs become available.

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/products/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-spring-kit-alfa-romeo-giulia
Waiting for mine to settle and see if it gets much lower.
I scraped a couple times today in very steep spots.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,930 Posts
Doesn't the Q2 and the Quad have the adjustable suspension already?

I have no clue if companies will make that in the future.
Adjustable damper rates are an available option with the right packages. Adjustable suspension height is not available on any Giulia. It is one of the items on my wish list that I sent to the local rep:

1) Adjustable suspension height, both up and down.
2) Manually controllable transfer (Q4 models).
3) Traction/stability control disable.

Note that Subaru WRX has had 2) and 3) for a long time now.
Adjustable suspension height is hard to do right. I haven't seen any systems for sale that properly solve the problem. The closest are threaded spring seats that allow manual height adjustment with the car stopped (and the wheels off?), but I haven't seen any for Giulia nor any that have a range from lower to raise.

Before lowering a Q4 you might want to check the ground clearance above the front differential and above the transfer. Both are probably already pretty low.

On the assumption that AR isn't going to do any of this anytime soon, I am keeping a close eye on after market possibilities.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts