Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long non-interesting background story so we'll get to the important part... just bought a 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport in Rosso Competizione with black interior. Absolutely love it. Not too many issues with quirks (yet) but I absolutely love the feel of my Giulia.

Used to have a CLS550 and a Z4 (manual... miss that manual) but this Alfa is just a lot of fun and is a real head-turner.

I was born in Italy and go back on a regular basis so I feel like things have come full circle. Alfista to the core.

Only had it two weeks and due to travel and crappy weather, I've yet to get a good shot of the car in the sun so here's one at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Great color, best of luck.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Auguri! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In Texas where, assuming I'm not floating, I'll be spending quite a bit of time behind the wheel. It will be a part time daily driver splitting time with a Toyota FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
In Texas where, assuming I'm not floating, I'll be spending quite a bit of time behind the wheel. It will be a part time daily driver splitting time with a Toyota FJ Cruiser.
You traded Cervino for Texas? :confused:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Hey @Chipshot....Did you mean Cervinia in the Vall d'Aosta??
Cervino is in Campania near Naples...no skiiing there:grin2:
I'm such an Italy expert. NOT!
Yeah, the opposite side of what the Swiss call the Matterhorn.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, he's right... yes, its called Cervinia but the Italian name for the Matterhorn is Monte Cervino. There's your redemption.

I learned to ski in Val Gardena and while I have skied in the Valle d'Aosta, I have not been to Cervinia. In time.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
tbh I have never understood people who buy alfa's in anything other than red.

Welcome.
'cause if a cop sees a group of speeding cars the red one will get a ticket?
Maybe its just an urban myth, but it seems likely to me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a red Giulia and never ever speed! (well, hardly ever!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About three weeks in... sunroof was acting funny but I reset it per the instructions in the manual and its all good. I think I caused it.

Remote start tends to work when it wants... its not a feature I really will use much but ask me again during Texas summer.

Otherwise, still great... will be a while before I get decent MPG out of it.

Washing today...

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Found the remote start buggy at first. Just push the remote start button twice. (Only the remote start button. Here we can leave a car unlocked in the driveway overnight, so common remote start sequence is lock then two presses of the start button, but Giulia doesn’t seem to respond to the three button sequence)....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll try it again.

Agreed with the general consensus... the start/stop feature is the pits. I was never a fan in other cars. Same goes for this one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ciao Italoskier, anche tu italiano negli USA che ha scelto la Giulia! Ottimo! D'altronde e' finalmente un prodotto che merita ampiamente il consenso che sta ricevendo da tutte le maggiori testate internazionali. Finalmente un Made in Italy ben fatto! Qui sotto la mia Giulia Ti Sport Misano Blu. No issues finora, solo un grande piacere da guidare e da guardare! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carlo - e' una macchina splendida e mi piace che non si trova facilmente in America. Mi piace moltissimo... e' splendida in Misano Blu. L'ho quasi comprata in Misano Blu ma non piaceva a mia moglie (era sbagliata). Poi dai... Misano... come Valentino!

#IoStoConVale

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

Floating in Texas??? Navy or Air Force?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts