Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Back in November 2019 I bought a Eurocompulsions V2 intake for my 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI. The car ran amazing and the intake really woke up the car. I didn't run into issues until about mid January. I had a recall that was taken care of at the dealer for the catalytic converter. With this recall the BCM and the PCM modules were flashed up to date. The day I picked the up my car from the dealer my first code was thrown for P1CEA-00. I have been trying to diagnose what makes this code more prone. The first time it happened in advanced efficiency mode on the freeway with cruise control set to 75mph. At this point, I used my ELM scanner and cleared the codes. The code was popping back every day under different driving conditions, some examples (all driving modes, under deceleration and acceleration, and with different weather conditions rain/sun). I have been working with Chris from Eurocomplusion about this issue and if you have ever worked with Chris or bought anything from him you know its all great customer service. Going through these issues I removed the EC intake and returned it to stock. Running the Factory intake for two weeks no code appeared. But, who wants to drive a stock car? I for sure don't, all my cars I've owned have been heavily modded. I then received a new T-hose kit from Chris to try and alleviate the issue. Unfortunately this fixed the code for about a week and a half. The code now comes up after I clear it about every other day. I have checked all the fittings and everything is secure and tight. I have been taking the car back in forth to my friend that still works at my old dealership. We have connected it with Wi-Tech to check current TSB bulletins and flashes, everything is up to date right now.

Any help or advice is appreciated as this makes me sad that I cannot run an aftermarket intake. I do want to purchase more mods of course but, want this issue resolved first.

Best,

Giuseppe

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I had the same error and after Chris sent me the new T-hose it fixed it. My original hose was missing the valve.
Make a quick check: if you blow in the T, it should be much harder one way instead of the other. Is that the case?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,321 Posts
I think that’s an air-leak related code, so as @Il_Conte is suggesting, make sure all the hose connections are completely seated and the fixing hardware snugged down. I’m not familiar with how the V1 handles the evap hose fittings, but make sure there is no tension or pulling on the fittings which may compromise the seal or connection security.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts