Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

EUROCOMPULSION® is pleased to present the V2 Air Induction System (Intake) for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 2.0L Turbo. The V2 Induction Kit replaces the entire factory intake system/airbox in favor of a dual-air high flow cone filter element, utilizing our premium 4ply Silicone with KEVTEK reinforcement and construction.

Our V2 also uses larger diameter transitions over the stock intake piece for increased air volume and flow. A stepped design at the turbo inlet side maintains laminar flow and reduces turbulence. The smoothed interior walls and extremely low thermal conductivity of our silicone will provide cooler and denser air to the turbo inlet increasing engine efficiency and power output.

This particular design utilizes high pressure ram air from the factory ducting to deliver fresh air directly to the much larger filter, while maintaining factory provided inertial separation for debris and other unwanted materials in the filter media. Underhood pressure can also be taken advantage of, while still locating the filter away from heat and the turbocharger. Testing has shown that replacing the factory airbox with a higher flow filter results in decreased restrictions, allowing for higher flow volume and significantly reduced pressure loss in the intake tract. The V2 design also allows for much louder turbo noises and audible whooshes!

The dual inlet high flow air filter uses advanced filter media that improves flow by an average of 10-12% over similar style filters. This filter media utilized also filters media down to 5 microns. Our filter material uses a steel wire reinforced double layer cotton mesh with deeper pleats than the average cone. Our filter is made in the USA, and utilizes filter material/design used in multiple 24hr Le-Mans winning cars and across Motorsport.

Available colors include Red (with black interior) and Black (with red interior).

FEATURES:

• Increased Power Output
  • Reduced Air Intake Temperatures
  • Increased Air Density at the turbo Inlet
  • Reduced Pressure Losses in the intake tract
  • Increased diameter transitions for more air volume
  • Stepped turbo inlet design for increased laminar flow and decreased turbulence
  • Maintains all factory emissions and vacuum routing
  • Easy Installation, no alteration to vehicle required
  • Will NOT trigger Check Engine Lights
  • Increased Aesthetics, and TURBO NOISE!!
  • Uses Dual Air High Flow Air filter, advanced filter media and filtration
  • Easily reversible
  • Includes all necessary Clamps, Fittings, and Hoses

APPLICATION:

• Alfa Romeo GIULIA 2.0L Turbo (ALL, WORLDWIDE)

TECHNICAL INFO & TESTING DATA: CLICK HERE

*Our dyno charts and other testing data will be finalized and available once our dyno fans arrive near the end of this month. We want to ensure our results are accurate and in-line with all road simulation scenarios*

TO PURCHASE: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...v2-air-induction-system-alfa-romeo-giulia-2-0

PHOTOS:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure some folks are thinking this...

Is there an upgrade path for folks that buy the v1 and eventually want the v2?
I'm sure that is something we can feasibly put together (we did something similar for the 4C already). I will let Chris take a look at that option and possibly put something together. We'll be sure to add the information here when it is available.

·
Registered
27 Posts
V2 is the way to go. The estetics is just staggering. Good call on red gloss finish. And the price is just right. Overal you guys did a great job with this release. Well thought out design and it looks like instalation is going to be a breath.
Just do the same for ECU tune and you got almost every 2.0 owner as your customer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any idea when the instructions for installation are going to be available? Hesitating to order right away before seeing the manual to make sure i wont end up regretting.

Also

Greg mentioned "The addition of the V2 adds more power, better response and a more aggressive intake sound. The stock intake is really quiet, and with the Magnaflow exhaust you really can't hear the stock intake at all. With the V2 you can. It's quiet in normal driving, but when you put the pedal down you will hear this intake. It also adds some power, official numbers are not available yet as explained by Toby, but I am confident it will be around 10hp."
that being said a couple of questions here

1. I join neiltyme on the question of sound with the stock exhaust.

2. I think a lot of people would like to know if the V2 version will have an impact on the performance of ECU tunes that is coming up soon?

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Any idea when the instructions for installation are going to be available? Hesitating to order right away before seeing the manual to make sure i wont end up regretting.

Also

Greg mentioned "The addition of the V2 adds more power, better response and a more aggressive intake sound. The stock intake is really quiet, and with the Magnaflow exhaust you really can't hear the stock intake at all. With the V2 you can. It's quiet in normal driving, but when you put the pedal down you will hear this intake. It also adds some power, official numbers are not available yet as explained by Toby, but I am confident it will be around 10hp."
that being said a couple of questions here

1. I join neiltyme on the question of sound with the stock exhaust.

2. I think a lot of people would like to know if the V2 version will have an impact on the performance of ECU tunes that is coming up soon?

1. The intake with the stock exhaust will result in a slightly deeper tone. Think of it this way, more air in = more air out.

2. The intake with the calibration will be more efficient and the car can & will take greater advantage of the substantially increased airflow. The same thing goes for the exhaust. Increased flow equals increased efficiency, increased efficiency equals greater power output.

Another question you may be thinking is why hasn't the factory taken advantage of these materials/designs. The simple answer is general marketability (sound being a major factor) & production costs.

Installation is fairly simple and will require a few hand tools.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Agreed. You guys are the real deal! Going to order this soon.

Any idea on how this might sound with stock exhaust?
Thanks for asking. We have had this on our car for months, way before we upgraded the exhaust. It sounds good with the stock exhaust. At light throttle when you are cruising you can't really hear it, so it doesn't intrude on conversation or music. However at full throttle it's very audible, I wouldn't say it's exactly loud, but you will hear it.

When combined with the Magnaflow exhaust, it's even better. A louder exhaust, plus a louder intake really bring out the character of the car.

It's really hard to convey intake sounds through text. Even in car recordings don't really give you the right perspective. If you have ridden in one of our V2 intakes for the 500 Abarth, it sounds similar, but deeper and meaner. If you have ridden in an old time Alfa with dual side draft carbs, again, it's similar but deeper. If you have ridden in 4C with our V2, it's a similar sound, but not nearly as loud.

Greg

·
Registered
580 Posts
One more thing about sound, and this a nice feature of our V2, and one that you won't find in other intakes.

Suppose for a minute that you love the V2 and really enjoy the sound. However, in my hypothetical scenario, your significant other doesn't and you are going to take a road trip together in the Giulia. No problem, you can remove the cone filter, second silicone piece, bracket,and filter in about one minute and plug that stock air box back in, and viola, you have a V1. Other than the hose clamps you see in the picture, there is literally only one bolt in the entire intake system. It's designed to be easy to change, and the fact that we used the same main intake tube for the V1 and V2 makes all this possible.

In other words a V2 to V1 swap is easy, no extra parts are needed and it only takes about 2 or 3 minuets to switch back and forth.

Greg

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just ordered it. Can't wait.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for your answers.
Are there any plans to build a thermal shield for the cone filter in the future? Because from the first look nothing is stopping the hot air from the engine bay being sucked in at the moment

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi Toby, Greg,

Is there any chance for a discount when ordering V2 + the exhaust ?

Cheers,
Greg
Toby and I are tech people, so we will have to wait for Chris to give an official EC answer to that. My thinking is probably not. These are both surprisingly low profit per unit items and there isn't a huge amount of room. Of course you would be able to combine shipping, which would help.

Greg

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks for your answers.
Are there any plans to build a thermal shield for the cone filter in the future? Because from the first look nothing is stopping the hot air from the engine bay being sucked in at the moment
This is something we looked at a lot when designing and testing prototypes. We found that when the car is moving, a heat shield does absolutely no good for a several reasons. The filter is located in the coldest spot in the engine bay, and as long as the car is moving a lot of fresh air blows right on it. Heat from the engine moves back and out, not forward due to the pressure differentials. Now if the car is sitting still, the filter will heat up, but not too much, and not enough to completely offset the gains from improved flow.

So, when you are driving, which is the only time you really care about power, a heat shield doesn't help. Worse, sometimes the heat shield itself heats up, and when located right by the filter it can sometimes raise temperatures. The only way we found to alleviate this is to use a heat shield out of something that doesn't conduct heat very well. In other words, metal doesn't work, we would want carbon fiber, which drives the cost way up, and for no significant benefit.

As for our plans for the future, I can't comment other than to say if you are familiar with our product lines, you can probably figure out what we will release next.

Greg

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I know it's based on use, but how long before the filter needs to be changed or serviced (re-oiled)

·
Registered
580 Posts
I know it's based on use, but how long before the filter needs to be changed or serviced (re-oiled)
The official answer on this from the filter manufacturer is every 30,000 miles. However, the filter used in our V2 is massive, and the greater the area, the more slowly a given area of the filter gets dirty, so in this application you could go even more. However, cleaning it is so easy, that to me, I just do it every oil change, or perhaps every other oil change. It doesn't take much time, you can clean it and reinstall it while the oil drains out of your car.

Regarding filter oiling, here is the suggested oil: https://www.greenfilterusa.com/store/2000. Keep in mind, oiling the filter in not required unless you plan to drive in some really dusty conditions.

Greg

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
If you are able to record the sound differences from inside the car, between the V1 setup and the V2, that might help in deciding which way to go for purchasing.

Any thoughts on how well the V2 setup would work in winter in below-freezing temps and conditions?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Given my unwillingness to use an oiled cotton filter (not arguing about it, just leave it at my preference), do you offer another option for filtration media?

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you are able to record the sound differences from inside the car, between the V1 setup and the V2, that might help in deciding which way to go for purchasing.
Maybe Jordan will post some videos next week. Maybe not, it's really hard to get a good idea about intake sounds from a video. I'll leave it up to him.

Any thoughts on how well the V2 setup would work in winter in below-freezing temps and conditions?
It will work really well. There won't be any issues.

Greg

1 - 20 of 246 Posts