Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

EUROCOMPULSION® is pleased to present the V1 Air Induction System (Intake) for the ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 2.0L Turbo.

The V1 Induction Kit replaces the factory plastic intake hose with premium 4ply Silicone utilizing our KEVTEK reinforcement and construction. Our V1 uses larger diameter transitions over the stock intake piece for increased air volume and flow. A stepped design at the turbo inlet side interior of the intake maintains laminar flow and reduces turbulence. The smoothed interior walls and extremely low thermal conductivity of our silicone will provide cooler and denser air to the turbo inlet increasing engine efficiency and power output.

The design is meant to improve on the factory intake piece, but still preserve a more factory look and function (especially in the Black color). Available colors include Red (with black interior) and Black (with red interior).

FEATURES:

• [*]Increased Power Output
    [*]Reduced Air Intake Temperatures
    [*]Increased Air Density at the turbo Inlet
    [*]Reduced Pressure Losses in the intake tract
    [*]Increased diameter transitions for more air volume
    [*]Stepped turbo inlet design for increased laminar flow and decreased turbulence
    [*]Maintains all factory emissions and vacuum routing
    [*]Easy Installation, no alteration to vehicle required
    [*]Will NOT trigger Check Engine Lights
    [*]Increased Aesthetics
    [*]Retains Factory Air-Box
    [*]Easily reversible
    [*]Includes all necessary Clamps, Fittings, and Hoses
    [*]Can be used with Upgraded Drop-In Filter

APPLICATION:

• Alfa Romeo GIULIA 2.0L Turbo (ALL, WORLDWIDE)

TECHNICAL INFO & TESTING DATA: CLICK HERE

*Our dyno charts and other testing data will be finalized and available once our dyno fans arrive near the end of this month. We want to ensure our results are accurate and in-line with all road simulation scenarios*

TO PURCHASE: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...v1-air-induction-system-alfa-romeo-giulia-2-0

PHOTOS:

·
Registered
580 Posts
V2 definitely goes to my shoping cart. It just make more sence to have the best solution available. All excited about the final ecu tune release and dyno numbers

for V2+ECU tune combo.
I think for the more hard core enthusiast the V2 is the better choice, but the V1 has it's place. For those who want to maintain the OEM look the V1 does that, especially in black, and its noise levels are barely above stock. At some point, performance filters that fit the stock air box will be available, which will add a little performance to the V1, it still won't match the V2 in power, but if the other factors are important to you, it may be the right choice.

Greg

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Two questions:

One - Is the V2 filter oiled or dry?

Two - If someone buys the V1, is there an upgrade path to the V2 later on?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Two questions:

One - Is the V2 filter oiled or dry?

Two - If someone buys the V1, is there an upgrade path to the V2 later on?
Both great questions. The V2 filter is oiled, although it can be run dry if desired. Also it can be oiled with the newer synthetic oils which can't adversely effect the MAF sensor, which is how we ship them.

I am sure we will offer an upgrade add-on package at some point. We just haven't gotten around to putting that together yet. Of course it will cost more to get a V2 that way.

Greg

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Both great questions. The V2 filter is oiled, although it can be run dry if desired. Also it can be oiled with the newer synthetic oils which can't adversely effect the MAF sensor, which is how we ship them.

I am sure we will offer an upgrade add-on package at some point. We just haven't gotten around to putting that together yet. Of course it will cost more to get a V2 that way.

Greg
If the filter ships oiled, how do you remove the oil to run it dry? If run dry, what method do you use to clean it?

If you really want to win with your customers, the upgrade shouldn't cost more than buying it all together, other than the extra shipping costs because it's being bought in two different transactions. I know in the short term, it seems like it's a great idea to 'influence' customers to buy it together as that brings in more money right away to you. However, sometimes long-term benefits are more valuable. By not creating a perceived 'penalty' for buying separately, that creates customer good-will towards your company, it's products and customer focus. You'll make the same money if they buy the upgrade, it'll just be spread out over two purchases instead of one. What you'll gain by doing this, is customer enthusiasm and word-of-mouth advertising; which as you know, is the best advertising of all.

Also, have you considered either a paint, or wrap on the outside of the air tube, of heat reflective material? I know there are some gold and silver reflective foils that are used in racing, that can reflect over 90% of the heat away. Maybe do a foil cover, with a high-temp resistance clear coat over it to protect the foil?

The red tube looks gorgeous. A gold-foil tube would too.

Just some ideas.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If the filter ships oiled, how do you remove the oil to run it dry?
Simply rinse it with dish soap and water

If run dry, what method do you use to clean it?
I use dish soap and water, but there are specific cleaners which are probably better and work faster.

If you really want to win with your customers, the upgrade shouldn't cost more than buying it all together, other than the extra shipping costs because it's being bought in two different transactions. I know in the short term, it seems like it's a great idea to 'influence' customers to buy it together as that brings in more money right away to you. However, sometimes long-term benefits are more valuable. By not creating a perceived 'penalty' for buying separately, that creates customer good-will towards your company, it's products and customer focus. You'll make the same money if they buy the upgrade, it'll just be spread out over two purchases instead of one. What you'll gain by doing this, is customer enthusiasm and word-of-mouth advertising; which as you know, is the best advertising of all.
Wow, you put a lot of thought into an option that at this point doesn't even exist. Even so, I said nothing about the upgrade costing more than the additional shipping costs. That said, it will cost us more to ship out in two packages. Our packer gets paid for packaging, printing shipping labels etc, and it would slightly complicate inventory. It's pretty rare that anything can be done at zero cost.

Also, have you considered either a paint, or wrap on the outside of the air tube, of heat reflective material? I know there are some gold and silver reflective foils that are used in racing, that can reflect over 90% of the heat away. Maybe do a foil cover, with a high-temp resistance clear coat over it to protect the foil?

The red tube looks gorgeous. A gold-foil tube would too.
Those wraps help on intakes that use materiel that allow heat to pass through, they need the extra thermal barrier. However silicone and Kevlar are both incredibly resistant to passing heat. Plus it's really thick. Rather than use a foil cover, we would be better off with yet another layer of silicone. However, we already have five layers of silicone and 4 layers of Kevlar. We are already past the point of diminishing returns from adding more layers, it just wouldn't do any good in a practical sense. Of course if someone wants to add a heat resistant wrap of some type, they certainly can, and we do stock that stuff.

Just some ideas.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Greg

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

Greg
Since running a cotton filter unoiled kinda defeats the purpose, will you ever offer a paper filter for the V2, or is there an available figment?

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Since running a cotton filter unoiled kinda defeats the purpose, will you ever offer a paper filter for the V2, or is there an available figment?
The filters we use are very lightly oiled unlike what most people are used to. The filters are good for filtration up to and including 5 microns (grain of sand=100 microns).

Utilizing a lightly oiled will have no impact or detriment on the cars MAF.

The filters we have coming in for the drop in filters are not oiled but a fine Nylon mesh material. More information when they become available.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'll add to what Chris said. We don't plan to offer a different filter for the V2, I am really happy with the filter that's on it. That doesn't mean we won't ever do it, but we have to such plans at this time.

Greg

·
Registered
658 Posts
500 Mile review

I know there are a number of big fans of the V2 system on the forum and I'm glad their experience has been awesome but I wanted to post on my experience to date with the V1 system.

I picked it because looking at the graph it offers 2/3rds of the pressure drop improvement of the V2 at the type of HP I typically get to use. But without having to worry about whether I have to swap back to the factory filter when I take take the Giulia in for service. I also wasn't looking for turbo whoosh noise, which I know will make no sense to the V2 fans.

For reference I have the Corsa Centerline cat back exhaust system.

Install was straightforward following the instructions. The most time consuming part for me was working out what to pry away from what at the turbo inlet because I definitely didn't want to break anything.

The difference in driving is subtle rather than hit you in the face. But to me it feels like the Giulia can spool the turbo faster in the mid rev range, the engine just feels that bit more responsive at the types of throttle opening and RMP's that most of my driving takes place at. From the Eurocompulsion pressure drop vs HP chart its clear that at Wide Open Throttle, WOT, I'm not getting anywhere near the benefit of the V2 I don't get to drive WOT for more than a couple of seconds at a time and even the Ti gets to illegal speeds in the blink of an eye. If you do get to drive WOT for any appreciable amount of time. First congratulations, second you need the V2 intake. I am keeping an eye open for the promised less restrictive filters for the factory air box and will definitely try one of those.

Another perceived difference which may be imaginary is that the Giulia appears to cruse at highway speeds few RMP's lower like its generating the same HP with a few less RMP. Probably just my imagination though because I don't have any definitive change in my long term MPG yet mainly because there have been a couple of longer trips recently so changes may be due to different driving conditions. Or its just the temps have dropped etc

But overall very happy with the V1 intake and my dealer didn't say a single word about it when the Giulia was in for a code update recently. They didn't say anything about the exhaust either :smile2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed mine this weekend. Wow it was easy and fast. I was expecting a little bit of a snag at some point, but I had the V1 installed in 20 minutes, maximum. And I was really taking my time.

First impressions are that it definitely makes power on my Stelvio. I have very little expectations for intakes when compared to what you get from tunes, so I'm pretty happy. The difference is most noticeable at highway speeds where the stock airbox made the car feel like it was struggling and was asking to downshift.

Now it just pulls, and this is with the OEM filter. I'm waiting on my BMC to arrive, hopefully today.

Great product. Hats off to EC.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Greg, have you all been able to dyno test the V1 or V2 yet? Eagerly awaiting these numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Just to support the other two reviews on this forum: the V1 intake is a small but definite upgrade. I bought the V2, but so far installed only the V1 portion (had about 30 min after midnight before a track day the next am and didn't want to get into anything that could mess me getting on the road). Easy install but two points: 1. you need to use the stock clamps (probably obvious once you search the box) and 2. make sure you tuck the new hoses away from the radiator fan. When I started the car I heard a racket and sure enough my tubing was tapping the fan blades as they went by - easy fix of course.

Perhaps not mentioned by the others is that this upgrade, in addition to a subtle improvement in performance on my P1 ECU car increases fuel economy by a surprising amount on highway cruising. The biggest difference appears to be a straight cruise in A mode at 75 mpg where my Q4 has gone from about 32 MPG to about 34. I think the biggest impact is when you hit a very slight incline where to keep up speed the stock motor has to work a bit harder. Anyone else notice this? I assume its more pronounced with the V2....Pretty cool if its validated by others (and not just in my head)...

My set up is actually pretty awesome on the track or with aggressive driving: Q4 Ti with the P1 ECU and V1 from EC, and a Gopedal from Madness. With the Gopedal set to red and D mode, the car is a rocket. Running Michelin pilot sport 4S tires. Life is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am personally torn between the V1 and V2. The V2 seems it is the latest and greatest, but that sound seems a bit too much for me. Maybe 15 years ago, but in my 40s with kids, I think it is a tad too much.

Does the V1 sound like that as well??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts