Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sounds like someone who is trying to start a class action. If you are. I had both. Tell me what one you need me to testify against for money.
LoL Can you share your experience with both regarding any apparent differences?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
like others have said especially @Alfissimo the power difference is minimal since it’s maxed out. Only difference will be in how smooth that power is delivered
Any difference on when the power kicks in? I presume not but want to double check.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently got my Giulia the Squadra Tuning treatment (through PowerGate option and done on my own with tune maps sent direct from Squadra to me).

As @Alfissimo has explained, most tunes are the same in terms of torques and horsepower gains. The difference with Squadra and their experience is reliability and longevity. I mean, most tuners can simply increase torque and horsepower figures, but not all tuners fully understand the dynamics of every car especially Italian, and Alfa (same goes to I don’t go to an Audi workshop to get my Alfa fix if you know what I mean).

Now that said, what Squadra did on top of the power increase is as follows:

1. Safe Mode: Respective Squadra map(s) will ONLY be activated when operating temperature reaches 158f. This is more of a fool proof safety.

2. Cooling Part 1: On factory map, Radiator fan kicks in at 230f. On Squadra map, they lowered this to 219f. Result? As mentioned, longevity.

3. Cooling Part 2: As our intercooler is mounted right next to the engine (or before the intake manifold), it gets hot especially coupled with the charged air. What Squadra does is programmed it to allow the intercooler water pump to run more frequent. Result? Cooler charged air = more power.

In summary, power is secondary if you can’t make tune reliable. Every tuner can claim an “x amount of increase” but not many can ensure reliability and longevity. Enough said.

P/s: I’m running on a Euro Spec 200hp RWD and am doing approximately 319hp @ 5,250rpm and 498nm at 3,000 rpm at crank. I’ve yet to get the car dyno locally as I’m waiting for the Race Switch to be installed.

While it is an old thread, I hope it helps.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts