Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

eBay failures and successes

11K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  alex 
#1 ·
I ordered a lot of stuff from eBay Amazon eurocompulsion. I'll review what i recieved.

Worst was seller named offergreat from eBay.
Got carbon fiber side mirror covers. One came cracked, and the other would have left a small gap along edging. I've requested a refund yesterday. I'll let you know what happens.

Same seller. Carbon fiber door handle covers. Great quality. Only problem is the carbon fiber grain is very black, which is unlike the standard glossy lighter-grey exterior carbon fiber pattern that giulia uses. Requested refund.

Aluminum steering wheel accents. Beautiful. Happy.

Carbon fiber license plate holder. Beautiful. Can't screw that up really.

Blue rhinestone license plate screws. I love these on all my cars.

Door handle cups with giulia script. Passenger side came with proper script, but driver side was just black. Weird. Requested replacement or refund.

Carbon fiber rear spoiler. Ebay. Like from qV. Installed myself. Perfect.

Rain guards/wind deflectors from eBay. Seller from Poland. Fantastic quality. Always need these on my cars.

Bmc air filter. Happy. Easy install.

I got springs and spacers from Eurocompulsion. Very happy.

I have a few more things coming and I'll update as i receive.

How was everyone else's luck?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Goes between window frame and window. You have to shove these metal brackets into the groove and they hold the guards in place. Worried me at first but worked out. When the windows were closing and touching that part it used to make a sound which concerned me. But after 4-5 times of closing and opening window they got snug. Only actual issue is if i shoot a pressure washer beneath the guard, a little bit of water gets onto seats. So i just don't do that anymore.

The material is nice too. Kind of like fancy sunglasses instead of just tint

#4 ·
I bought a bunch of stuff too

The license plate fiasco:

Bought a rear plate bracket, but doesn't fit with my plate and cover/frame

Bought Centerline Front Plate Bracket (Alfa9 was out of stock at the time), works and is as close to the bumper as I can get, looks 99%

Bought Weathertech Clearcover for rear, looks great as one singular piece

Bought a ton of screws trying to figure out which ones work (I had never screwed in a license plate before in my life ... remember, young)

Now I have a huge bag of screws that came with everything

--

Bought Valentine 1 radar detector and tried to hardwire with wire kit from Amazon. I failed and couldn't do it correctly, but still use the V1 ... will try again at some point

Bought dashcam with parking mode, very cheap and does its job

Bought dashcam mirror mount, mirror stalk is too small but I can't be bothered returning (was like 9 dollars) ... Wish it worked, might try and buy another that fits

Bought an assortment of microfiber towels and shammies for when I wash the car or take it to the wash, and a funnel after spilling windshield fluid ...

Bought 18 inch turbine wheels on eBay, set of 4 with all seasons, took the all seasons off (will be selling, they are brand new and don't need), and mounted Blizzaks on the wheels. Then mounted the snow wheels/tires on the car a few days ago.

I think that about covers all the things I bought for the car ... most things I bought worked out but a few didn't.

Next goal is repair my curbed sport wheel and wire the V1 to the car correctly this time ... laser jammers on the list as well as other countermeasures I want but probably not worth it, leased car (and too many fantasies of being like Alex Roy in the M5)

My parents asked me what I wanted for Christmas, so they are buying rubber floormats and Weathertech trunk mat for me, which will be a nice gift coming soon.

#5 ·
i purchased the door storage pockets and the armrest storage pocket.

both are excellent products.

i also purchased the stainless steel rear bumper protector.

that has not arrived yet.

i will review it once i get it.

thanks

#7 ·
Sick Spoiler

Had to tint the windows, did 20% all around. It's perfect and totally keeps the sun out, but the best thing I've done so far is def installing that eBay spoiler. The carbon fiber grain was kinda off in some areas and it's a bit longer than the actual one on the QV, not even mad though cuz it completely transformed the rear end of the car. Also feel like it really does provide some extra stability at higher speeds. Just installed it and still kinda babying the car, but hopefully, it won't hurt my acceleration and fuel economy too badly. Totally recommend getting one of these, amazing mod for under $200.

...carbon fiber mirror covers coming next. If anyone could possibly hook it up with a cheap seller, I'd really appreciate it. Want them really badly, but don't feel like this mod is worth the more than $100 it's costing most people to do. Any chance you guys have found them in the $50 to $75 range?

pfa pics of my Giulia with the spoiler. it's literally perfection.

Attachments

#8 ·
Great thread, @Kaevman , very helpful. For the AWD crowd out there, since Weathertech inexplicably decided to produce floor mats only for the RWD models and not the AWD (which seem to be the ones most likely to be using all-weather mats), I was able to find a set of all weather floor mats from Lloyds - a made in the U.S.A. company based in California.
The mats are decent, but somewhat thin and the grooves are shallow. I also wish they had a border around them to hold in the snow and slush. But they fit well and will be much better than the flimsy cloth ones that came with the car. $99 shipping and tax included.

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/all-weather-mats

Attachments

#9 ·
Here’s another great Alfa product.
I didn’t find this on eBay, but rather on the huge AliExpress site - known as the Amazon.com of China. Great quality but the sizes run incredibly small. I am typically a large by US standards and had to order a XXL.
Comes in 6 colors including a great Alfa red that I almost went with.

Attachments

#10 ·
Bought the following:

Wheel spacers from MADNESS: 5/17mm. Fits perfectly and looks great, although I wished that Athena, the brand of the product, would provide black bolt, instead of the cheap looking silver standard bolts

Middle console unit: Bought it on eBay from some Chinese store. The holder itself fits perfect, but I am not impressed with the rubber layer. Thinking of removing it and replacing it with something else

White square AR stickers: look awesome but have not put them anywhere yet

Yellow stickers "Alfa Romeo". Wanted to do something to connect with the yellow calipers. Have not used them yet. Both sticker sets came from eBay

Leather seatbelt covers: looks awesome, although they tend to slide down. Quality is great and was only $20. eBay product

#14 ·
#15 ·
Giulia add-ons

For my MY18 Ti Lusso - I have done the following:

Ebay - 2 19x8 and 2 19x9 dark five hole rims - guy from Italy selling the rims - came overnight! no issues - easy install
Ebay - Door cup handles with Giulia script - great items no issues
Lloyd mats front / rear / trunk- in red to match my rosso competizione Giulia - these are my California "all weather" mats
Tire valve caps with Alfa logo (Centerline - good product easy install)
Gasoline aluminum cap - Eurcompulsion - easy install
Corsa exhaust - Centerline Alfa ( dealer butchered the install - having it redone next week by different shop)
V2 air intake - Eurocompulsion - similar install story everyone had - very tight space but overall not a hard project
TCU tune - Madness Autoworks - easy install through OBD- amazing add on for the transmission - shifts even smoother and faster
Go Pedal - Madness Autoworks - easy install - definitely gets rid of the initial lag in the throttle (I'm using one red and one green)

Planned future upgrades:
ECs engine tune - cant wait
Clear wrap on entire front, rockers, mirrors, around the rear wheels/door handles/trunk opening (appt. next week)

Its been a lot of fun doing the upgrades - enjoy doing your own.

#17 ·
Tough to tint in NY anymore....legislators have limited the degree of tinting allowed in NY ...Had tinted the Volvo V 60 wagon (big greenhouse) and my son was pulled over and ticketed...had to remove it from the front and rear doors...left the rear sides and cargo area however....

#20 ·
It's recent legislation but it effected 2017 registrations....you will out and out fail inspection
if your tint is too dark...Again, it effects NY Registered vehicles...if your car is not registered in NY, the tint law doesn't effect you...you can drive in NY with tints, as long as you don't have NY tags....

#23 ·
Just did a little research...

If you’re going to buy a Ferrari, Lamborghini, or some other exotic vehicle, you can buy the car or truck of your dreams with a Montana LLC and not pay sales tax. How? According to MCA 61-3-311, all Montana vehicles avoid sales tax. Additionally, Montana vehicles are not subject to personal property tax, because in Montana the licensing fees are in lieu of personal property tax. But that’s not even the best part. Montana LLCs don’t have to buy their vehicles in Montana to not pay the sales tax. Since Montana LLCs are viewed as residents of Montana, they’re taxed as such.

How the Montana LLC Exotic Vehicle Registration Works:

What we do is help you form a Montana LLC and maintain it, making the Montana LLC a resident of Montana, not you personally. The title of your Bentley, Ferrari, or vehicle will be under the name of your Montana LLC. You control the LLC, but you personally do not own the vehicle.

Should have done this before I bought my Quad....this will definitely happen with my next car...!!

Reactions: BGorilla and Max
#25 · (Edited)
You beat me to it, ahah. Good research. I am surprised more don't know about this

Also, there are tons of plates available in MT. There are probably some white or yellow ones for you New Yorkers and with a frame most people won't be able to tell at first glance (for those a-holes who feel the need to get on your case about paying taxes...etc)

#26 ·
No annual inspection ? And I can TINT to my heart's delight !!! :wink2:

#27 ·
And no front plate IIRC ... if you've never been to the actual state, consider shipping your QV out there because there are some of the greatest roads I have seen in my life in the state of MT ... 80 mph speed limits that basically aren't enforced, I go for 3 weeks at a time and saw 2 cop cars (neither had cops inside them) ... one day I'll bring something fast out there.

#28 · (Edited)
LOL. The Montana LLC 'trick' has been around forever and many super high end buyers still use it. States have cracked down on this and there are a lot of things one still has to do to maintain their LLC. You can do a Google search and see all of the potential issues with this loop hole. Unless you're buying millions $$ of cars, it's not worth it. Certainly not for one Giulia.

If you have several million of toys you are trading in and out of and have a good attorney, then yes. Most of the super wealthy that do this have serious car collections and great attys, and most even buy a piece of land in MT to make the looks appear more legit. They have the $$ so its worth it.

Once your state treasurer get winds of your bogus LLC, that is when the real fun starts with fraud charges. Oh and yes your insurance will find out as well. Good luck.

#29 ·
"that is when the real fun starts"

have to agree on this - if it was simple and easy every semi big buck car in CA would have Montana plates to avoid sales tax, high registration and insurance costs, and smog tests.
although I haven't been in MA long, it sure seems they pay attention to tax saving ideas that involve claiming NH residence - every high tax state watches for anything that results in them losing revenue.

#30 ·
Hate to say this but I know a lot of our taxes are wasted, but if nobody pays them we would be driving on dirt roads with no police, firemen, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.