Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after getting a chip on my drivers side front-rear fender flare, I decided to add more Xpel. I had a pro shop do the whole front of the car, side skirts and rear wells. The flares need it too given the taper in the skirts that makes room for debris to come in towards the rear wheels. The flare itself also protrudes into the slipstream so it's a good idea anyway. You'll see a detail of the chip I filled in the second pic. I Used rubbing compound to smooth it down some. I tried to make a tape pattern but it was easier to tape it to the car and draw a pattern on the film, then trim it to size with scissors. The tape pulled and warped a little so the first cut pattern didn't fit! A 6x60 inch roll will do 4 flares if you don't screw up. I went from the panel line to the narrow spot about 45 degrees up from the wheel hub. Use soapy water on both sides and squeegee. Tighter bends will lay down better as it dries and the adhesive takes over. Use heat and stretch to deal with "fingers and bunching." Ball point pen will wipe off the film with alcohol. I'm satified with my install. First time doing PPF. May do my bumper trunk shelf too.

Attachments

Reactions: JerryNY

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Nice job. Sorry about the chip though. For broad relatively flat areas it shouldn’t be too tough for anyone, I might add some myself. Particularly the inner door sills could use some protection. I had my rockers covered but I think it’s probably a good idea to cover the whole sill from the rocker to the carpet practically....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts