Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
141 - 160 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Ordering new part today, none on the internets available. I'll post back my journey. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I got lucky! Found 50557150 listed today on eBay! Looks like I'll post the 149 here for sale as soon as i get it replaced!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Thank you all! Learn from my trial and error 😁

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is a group effort :D

I have also started to do this mod on my car.
In byte 74, I had A3, so I have changed it to AB. The menu option showed up, so this is again good news for 1st gen ETM owners, as I have a 1st gen, with 002.010.041.

I have 50537140 CSWM (heated seats and steering wheel, 8-way adjustable seats with memory), so I will order 50557151 and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Well, they sent me the wrong part (seat movement controller). Correct part is on the way. The good news is, started the car not long ago and it read 37F, rear defroster turned on automatically! I'm sure with the new module the full start ready comfort will be working! Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
1,144 Posts
Well, they sent me the wrong part (seat movement controller). Correct part is on the way. The good news is, started the car not long ago and it read 37F, rear defroster turned on automatically! I'm sure with the new module the full start ready comfort will be working! Stay tuned.
I wish that was the case for me. I do not get the comfort setting to work.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I wish that was the case for me. I do not get the comfort setting to work.
It has to be an etm version thing or some other module update. I presume you're on the 2nd gen etm hardware?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Part is in! Just need to find time to tackle this. With toddlers and wife sick (taking turns), it's been a challenge to find energy when everyone goes to sleep. Errrrf projects adding up here!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I got lucky! Found 50557150 listed today on eBay! Looks like I'll post the 149 here for sale as soon as i get it replaced!
Easy comfort and heated seats/steering wheel working! Still need to test test defogger and everything turning on automatically when below 37f. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Easy comfort and heated seats/steering wheel working! Still need to test test defogger and everything turning on automatically when below 37f. Stay tuned!
Need to give it another shot but only the defogger kicks in during cold starts. May need to get colder or else some more bytes need modification in MES. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Need to give it another shot but only the defogger kicks in during cold starts. May need to get colder or else some more bytes need modification in MES. Stay tuned.
I can confirm, only defogger starts automatically. Temp was reading 36f today. Any ideas? It has to be an MES byte setting. @rimoczia ideas?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can confirm, only defogger starts automatically. Temp was reading 36f today. Any ideas? It has to be an MES byte setting. @rimoczia ideas?
hmm...
You have these settings, right?
Byte 78
00 > 40 or
01 > 41

Byte 148
00>20

Byte 62
A8>A9

@shpuncik or @epsonix According to your knowledge, are these the only bytes to be changed for the auto comfort?

read this thread: MY16 EMEA activate seat, steering wheel heaters and...

Summary:
@Drew CSWM 9.0, auto comfort doesn't work
@fiatpanda Old CSWM, auto comfort doesn't work
@ttaidapos CSWM 9.0, auto comfort doesn't work
@luvec74 CSWM version unclear, auto comfort works, MY2019 car

We should understand what is the difference between @luvec74 car and the others.

I would say that the HVAC is not the issue, as the rear defroster works.
I am afraid, that it will be the BCM, as that is the only module that can cause this, if the CSWM version are the same...

@ttaidapos, @luvec74 Can you please tell us your CSWM, BCM and HVAC version?

·
Registered
262 Posts
byte 78 in Giulia is only for allowing 7 flow modes of fan vs 5 like in US cars. Giulia pre-facelifts uses only bits 1 and 0 of this, and 00b there is 7 flow modes, 01b is 5 flow modes (no all zones active and one of 2 active not present), so it is not that, in giulia no mod required here. in stelvio however to enable auto-comfort you need to modify bit 6 there so e.g. for use stelvio with 01h there you change to 41h or to also enable flow zones to 40h.

byte 62 bits 10 and 0 are for heated seats so change of e.g. A8h to A9h adds front heated seats (A8 to AA adds front and rear, but hear you likely need also rear seats ECU and panel)

only byte 148 bit 5 (so e.g. 00h to 20h) in pre facelift giulias adds menu to infotainment for auto comfort. from my experience it works in cars manufactured more or less since 2018 and my nose tells me that this is about HVAC ffirmware - e.g. in cars I activated it firmware version was something (can't remember exactly) like 1400-1500 or so number, where bit older cars had like 10xx and it was not working.
can't remember if stelvio has different numbers for HVAC, anyway expecting similar rule there.

In Giulia rear demistifier does not turn on automatically, in stelvio it does after the mod. I seen in older stelvio that although seats/SW heating didn't work, the rear demisitifier did after modifications of byte 78&148 (car was like autumn 2017 as far as I remember)

Reactions: rimoczia

·
Registered
262 Posts
My HVAC is 1429 version, CSWM 9.00, car built 10.4.2018 and I got all right activaton of easy entry, auto comfort and auto folding menus.

your mid 2017 won't work

Unfortunatelly CSWM & HVAC for pre-facelifts never got update via Witech2 in standard/dealer auto mode. I think you may need some engineering version (chineesse cracked) and database of firmwares to which even FCA engineers I know do not have access to. Not easy to get update (maybe easier change ECUs from 2nd hand/crashed cars, maybe HVAC is not VIN locked, CSWM isn't just often causes issues with mirros not unfolding and problems with getting back to last positon on what it was recall in late 2018)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have just checked and I have 1126 in HVAC.
You think that is too old?

Few guys already managed to retrofit a new CSWM with 9.0 without any issues and working easy entry. Although auto comfort only worked for @luvec74 's MY2019 car with HVAC 152A.

I am trying to find a new CSWM with 9.0 for my car at the moment. My car takes 50557151, but could not find one on ebay.

141 - 160 of 199 Posts