Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Once upon a time... I had the option to enable and disable it from my settings menu.
I suppose they removed that option from the infotainment system for some reason because it disappeared from my settings menu after one of the early software updates (back in 2017).
You need to replace the seat module(s).
I had a problem with the module on my passenger seat. I was told both the passenger and driver side module would have to be replaced since they are linked.
For a while after this repair, my easy entry/exit did not work.
I took it back in and they had it sorted out within a few days.
It is permanently on now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Guys,
Want to give an update. I just received my new comfort seat module with new software 9.0 on it. My original had 7.0. Install went smoothly. MES alignment successful the first go. My VIN was written on the new module automatically. I can report the Easy Exit is now disabled on my 2017.
However, I am getting a message on center dash saying "Manual Seat Calibration Needed". Does anyone know how to perform this calibration? I search the forum and google cant find any info. @ratix ? @Beta Romeo ? or anyone else know the procedure? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Guys,
Want to give an update. I just received my new comfort seat module with new software 9.0 on it. My original had 7.0. Install went smoothly. MES alignment successful the first go. My VIN was written on the new module automatically. I can report the Easy Exit is now disabled on my 2017.
However, I am getting a message on center dash saying "Manual Seat Calibration Needed". Does anyone know how to perform this calibration? I search the forum and google cant find any info. @ratix ? @Beta Romeo ? or anyone else know the procedure? Thanks in advance
Never see that but try push seat all to front and all to rear all up all down and the back all front and all rear

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Never see that but try push seat all to front and all to rear all up all down and the back all front and all rear
Thanks for advice. But it did not work. Message still there after restarting the car. "Electric Seat Manual Calibration Needed" is the exact message incase someone else do a search in the future.
I move full range both driver and passenger seats. Forward/Backward, Up/Down, Recline up/down. Did not work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
All the functions work ok ?
Thanks for asking. I just discovered my seat memory have a small glitch. The recliner will go back to the memory position. But the forward/backward bench position will not go back to the set memory position when i press the button. Also it does not matter if I set the Easy Exit On/Off. It is always Off. So something is not right. I used AB on byte 74.
I also tried AA on byte 74. Same thing, the bench does not move back to set memory. But recliner will. Also 1 issue with AA on 74 is the infotainment. Easy Exit will show Off. If I set to ON, it will be grayed out on the display. Once it is grayed out, I can not access the menu to change ON/OFF. But I can still see Easy Exit on the screen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think if i can Calibrate the Seat will fix the problem. It is likely the system is not recognizing the bench position that is why Easy Exit is off and the seat memory is not returning the for/aft on the bench. So once seat is calibrated properly everything will work.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Update:
I changed byte from AA to AB and for unknown reason the "Electric Seat Manual Calibration Needed" message is gone. After the message is gone, I change back from AB to AA and still no more seat calibration message. So now both AA and AB no longer show the seat calibration message. But the bench and easy exit issue remain the same as described above. Do you think they sent me a wrong part#?
My original part is pictured on Page 1 with part # 00505371390 on the module cover
The new part I got have 00505571500
new module part number.PNG
new part.PNG

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Your ETM is old or new version ?
Yes I have new ETM with 085.000.046 FW. And I have the Sport TI Power Seats with 3 memory button. I think it is the same as yours. I can manually adjust every direction. But the memory setting will not remember the Fore-Aft position. it will remember up/down and recliner position. And Easy Exit is always OFF. Same result with Byte 74 at AA or AB. The "Electric Seat Manual Calibration Needed" message is gone for good, never appear again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
@ratix by chance do you have access to dealer bulletins? If so, can you check to see if changing the "Comfort Seat and Wheel Module" also require changing the "Seat Adjuster Power Switch" and "Memory Buttons"? Circled in red on picture below. I think these two switches/buttons are directly connected to the Seat Module. So if they had an update since 2017, maybe they need to be change too?
swtiches.JPG

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't have access but you not need change switch
You have AA/ACP ?
When you put in byte 74 AB " easy acess " menu appear or not ?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts