Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
Just want to gather more info on what is really required to activate the option to disable Easy Exit. From my understanding the bare minimum requirement is having the 2nd gen ETM with firmware 072.xxx.xxx and above installed. However, from what i can gather on this forum @ratix is the only person able to activate Easy Exit with just a procsi change only on a car that did not come with it from the factory. I am not sure if he is leaving out some other info, like maybe he also had to change a new Seat Module. No one else i can see successfully activate this feature by just changing the procsi.

@ratix
EMEA 2016 MY. Original Byte 74 was A7, he changed to AB and Easy Exit works

@stocki
EMEA not sure what year is your car. Your Original Byte 74 was A3, Changing to AB did not work for you. Easy Exit menu appears in infotainment. But it will not stay in the Off position. Automatically toggle back to On

My car
NFATA 2017 MY. Original Byte 74 was A2, I changed to AB and also AA. neither works. Easy Exit menu appears. But behaves a little different compared to @stocki, I can toggle the option ON and Off and they will stay at the set position on the infotainment. However, the seats still slides back on exit. I am on 085.xxx.xxx firmware

@JohnnyTheBeast mention he had to change the seat module to get it to work. I think the module you mention looks like picture below.
seat module.PNG

So I am trying to gather as much info as possible to see what exactly is required to activate Easy Exit.
Maybe we can start by asking members here with option to disable Easy Exit from factory to look at their Procsi Byte 74 and report what the code is with MY and region as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
AFAIK, every car comes with easy exit. Whether it does anything depends on the normal driving position of the car (see manual)....
The discussion re the discussed byte and proxi only concerns the menu item to be able to disable easy exit....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK, every car comes with easy exit. Whether it does anything depends on the normal driving position of the car (see manual)....
The discussion re the discussed byte and proxi only concerns the menu item to be able to disable easy exit....
Thank you for making it clear. Yes I thought it was obvious. That is what I and most everyone want to achieve, is to activate the option to disable Easy Exit. Thx

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Thank you for making it clear. Yes I thought it was obvious. That is what I and most everyone want to achieve, is to activate the option to disable Easy Exit. Thx
My 2017-built 2018MY QV did not have easy exit until a new ETM was installed. I do not have a menu option to disable it (before or after the ETM replacement).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2017-built 2018MY QV did not have easy exit until a new ETM was installed. I do not have a menu option to disable it (before or after the ETM replacement).
Have you try changing your byte74? Changing it to AB will activate the setting in the infotainment. AA also does the same. But my seat still slide back. So i am thinking maybe the seat module will also need to be change or firmware update to it.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,886 Posts
My USA MY18 with a 9/17 build date does not have the easy exit control in the infotainment, but does have the feature. I've not used Prosci, so don't know about byte 74.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When you say replace ECU is there a specific one for the seat or is it an expensive ECU for the lots of operations in the car? Do you know the part number of the ECU?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,886 Posts
You must change the ECU

And change byte 74
In my Giulia works
The ECU, no the ETM? That does look like an ECU, but just to be clear....

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,423 Posts
My MY2018 was built in July 2017, so very early production run for MY2018s. I have the feature, but not the infotainment setting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You must change the ECU

And change byte 74
In my Giulia works
Thank you @ratix.
Do you know if this module is VIN locked? Say we buy a used one that has been installed previously on another car. Will it still work on a second car?

Also if we buy a new one from Alfa, is this Module just an easy plug and play? Meaning it does not require wiTech to install? All we need to do is change byte74 with MES and install this module under the seat?
Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
Unfortunately all ECU in Giulia is VIN locked
You need buy a new ECU
exist 5 diferent numbers of ECU dependent on your car options

Is just change ECU and proxy alignament with MES

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For the US Market, I found this chart of all the seat options:
seats.jpg
I numbered them 1 to 5.
The Sparco (5) is not powered nor does it have heated option but do have airbags so I think it has its own module and a part number. 2,3, and 4 should have standard heated option. 1 can have either heated or no heated. So we have 1 and 1a. Now if we add the Easy Exit disable option to all these, that increases the available part numbers. Not sure if that option is built in already to all modules. But if not there are 12 different part numbers. Maybe I am over thinking this?

No Heat / Easy Exit disable option(b)
#1, #1b
#5, #5b

Heated / Easy Exit disable option(b)
#1a, #1ab
#2, #2b
#3, #3b
#4, #4b

·
Registered
135 Posts
Forget that
Go to the dealer and buy one ECU for your VIN number
All the new ECU'S have new software to be possible easy access on/off

the ECU is the same part number to Giulia 2016 2017 2018 only software has been modified

1 - 20 of 70 Posts