Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the following Choices

VIR
NCCAR
Summit Point
Poconos
NJMP
Dominion Raceway

At the end of the day it should be about trying to get as many members to this race. I am thinking time attack to make life easier for everyone when it comes to insurance etc but I am up for suggestions.

I work with NASA and can help organize an event. There is also Gripfest which is a time attack event held at NCCAR around the fall as well.

Thoughts.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My vote would be NJMP, very modern track with lots of open space therefore not really much to hit if one goes off track.......
Also centrally located in the East Coast....

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I'm on board for LRP, NJMP or Pocono...both have either multiple tracks..or layouts...
NJMP ThunderBolt would be a nice piece of track for the Quad.
Can do VIR also will just be a 2 day trip that I would not mind making...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Maybe a first track event might consist of a small contingency of Alfa owners joining in an event with Porsche or BMW owners. Trying to actually rent a track on our own might be a big undertaking at first especially without the adequate of numbers of cars.......

I will look at possible dates available at Lime Rock and NJMP (thunderbolt) in June/July/August and report back.....

Just to clarify, to attend these events no prior track event is required nor necessary......

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Maybe a first track event might consist of a small contingency of Alfa owners joining in an event with Porsche or BMW owners. Trying to actually rent a track on our own might be a big undertaking at first especially without the adequate of numbers of cars.......

I will look at possible dates available at Lime Rock and NJMP (thunderbolt) in June/July/August and report back.....

Just to clarify, to attend these events no prior track event is required nor necessary......
I'm with you on this...might be better first time out to "piggy back" on with another club...
DelVal will be at the Glen in 3 weeks?? IIRC...
OR I found this: https://www.hookedondriving.com/hooked-on-driving-region/Northeast

dates at the Glen/LRP/VIR/Pocono

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Not an issue when I am organizing these events as I work with Nasa in making sure they are reasonable in terms of cost per person as well as they always try to tag onto someone else events insurance wise so we get the best deal.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
MDriver, I like the LRP venue with hooked on driving, which BTW is a top notch organization.

Kanundrum let us know what options you may offer thru Nasa.....

Let's make this happen, one way or another and bring the Giulias to the track!

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Monticello Here Comes the Alfa

So I am all signed up for an HPDE at Monticello Motor Club on Monday May 22nd....
I decided to go all in on this one...and jump into the mouth of the lion...
this event is an M-School HPDE given by BMW Motorsport:grin2::grin2:
Going to bring the Quad, my son is going to bring either my E30 or E39...not sure yet....
Can you imagine the jaws that will drop when "Sophia" comes thumping into the paddock....>:)
I'm laughing just thinking about it....I promise not to embarrass my fellow board members...:wink2: please keep in mind that it will be 7 years since I instructed last...and it was at this very track....so I am bringing a piece of humble pie with me....
Can't wait will post up a new thread once done.
FORZA Ragazzi
Salve
M

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So I am all signed up for an HPDE at Monticello Motor Club on Monday May 22nd....
Going to bring the Quad, my son is going to bring either my E30 or E39...not sure yet....
Can you imagine the jaws that will drop when "Sophia" comes thumping into the paddock....>:)
I'm laughing just thinking about it....I promise not to embarrass my fellow board members...:wink2: please keep in mind that it will be 7 years since I instructed last...and it was at this very track....so I am bringing a piece of humble pie with me....
FORZA Ragazzi
Salve
M
I wish I could be there, but I will be at Palmer on May 19 with another Giulia...... well not mine.....anyway...:
Please post pics and video of the event.....and of the zucchini flowers....:grin2:

·
Registered
576 Posts
FORZA Ragazzi
Salve
M
Careful at the M gathering. Sadly, a lot of Quadrifoglio haters in that crowd. Candidly, very disappointed with that demographic. Had originally planned to go back to an M3 eventually, but their vehement M3/M4 fanboydom has kind of turned me off. Perhaps it will be an M5 next time as those owners are much more mature.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Setting up something later in the year looks to be at Dominion Raceway in Thornbirg VA. About 1 hour outside of downtown DC. Reached out to AR Corporate as well as Regional for sponsorship/support as well.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Careful at the M gathering. Sadly, a lot of Quadrifoglio haters in that crowd. Candidly, very disappointed with that demographic. Had originally planned to go back to an M3 eventually, but their vehement M3/M4 fanboydom has kind of turned me off. Perhaps it will be an M5 next time as those owners are much more mature.
BMW M is now the sponsor at MMC..replaced Jaguar....Yes I agree that M ownership has changed quite a bit since I got the bug in 1989. I think that may have to do with the popularity of leasing....and the fact that they depreciate like rocks in the initial ownership....
I am actually interested in the M2....that is my main reason for going...and for getting in some track time on a great track...
the new G platform M5 will not be in a manual, only DCT, I'm sure you are aware as you stay up on this stuff...
I'm hoping that people see the car & me just as enthusiasts, and when we go through the paces in a real world environment and not some magazine test they accept the car from a performance perspective....Hey looks are subjective I get it...no worries....but performance numbers are not....
Will take pics and post them up...
Salve
M

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Setting up something later in the year looks to be at Dominion Raceway in Thornbirg VA. About 1 hour outside of downtown DC. Reached out to AR Corporate as well as Regional for sponsorship/support as well.
Is this event going to be for Alfas only? I would like to participate in my 190HP Boxster, but I also wouldn't want to slow everyone down.......

·
Registered
5,010 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I'm IN!...tell me how much and who to write the check too>:)...
have decided not to leave my kids anything when I gone;)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
you won't slow anyone down Dottore...those things are go-karts!....throttle throttle throttle....and brake every now & then...you make 2hp less than my E30:D
On second thought, maybe I'll just fly down and rent a mustang from Hertz to come join in the festivities...... :grin2:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 68 Posts