Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it do exactly for the Giulia Sport? (not QV models)

There is some obvious changes like the shifting points and some power deliverance but since I haven't had a chance to really tried it as I only have 300 miles on it I am curious on what the modes do

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Put it in D mode and keep it there.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
I will after the break in period... just curious on what it does with the suspension, steering, differential, breaks?? all that good stuff lol
That depends on the equipment. If you have the adaptive suspension D mode defaults to the "hard" setting and reduces the amount of steering power assist. I do not think it alters the brake feel, but I could be wrong. D mode allows the engine to make full power, unlike A mode. At least one person reports that in D mode the car will allow wheel spin (Q4).

A mode is best for highway cruising and driving in traffic; you will get better fuel economy and are less likely to ram someone's back end.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will after the break in period... just curious on what it does with the suspension, steering, differential, breaks?? all that good stuff lol
That depends on the equipment. If you have the adaptive suspension D mode defaults to the "hard" setting and reduces the amount of steering power assist. I do not think it alters the brake feel, but I could be wrong. D mode allows the engine to make full power, unlike A mode. At least one person reports that in D mode the car will allow wheel spin (Q4).

A mode is best for highway cruising and driving in traffic; you will get better fuel economy and are less likely to ram someone's back end.

Thanks a lot... do you know if there is an “easy” way to know if I have the adaptive suspension?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks a lot... do you know if there is an “easy” way to know if I have the adaptive suspension?
If your DNA switch has a shock absorber in the center (on the round part) that turns on and off by pressing it when in D mode, then you have it (the dash will also indicate this when you toggle it). If not (if it's plain black and doesn't press), you have the standard one.

Note that it's only applicable in D mode (pressing it softens the suspension while leaving the other driving parameters unchanged).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definetly don’t have it then... and I thought the suspension symbol on top of DNA was just on quadrifoglio models

Thanks for the info and pic explaining the modes

Can’t wait to try them all specially the Dynamic with some sticky tires lol

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
I definetly don’t have it then... and I thought the suspension symbol on top of DNA was just on quadrifoglio models

Thanks for the info and pic explaining the modes

Can’t wait to try them all specially the Dynamic with some sticky tires lol
I think the symbol is not lit and hard to see unless you put it in D.

Since a replacement set of the advanced shocks is currently priced at a whopping $4400, perhaps that cost needs to be factored in to the price-performance of the system?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think the symbol is not lit and hard to see unless you put it in D.

Since a replacement set of the advanced shocks is currently priced at a whopping $4400, perhaps that cost needs to be factored in to the price-performance of the system?
That's correct. The symbol is not lit unless you're in D.

·
Registered
646 Posts
As per Macgeek Ti’s with dynamic mode will also have a Q2 or Q4 (for AWD) badge on the trunk.

I am so happy I have Dynamic mode. Really shines when you push the car hard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Put it in D mode and keep it there.
This is all you need to know. I've only put it in A once... just to see the green color... and them promptly changed it back.

Funny... I'm so dumb I never knew Q2 stood for RWD and Q4 stood for AWD. I knew I bought a RWD vehicle but didn't get the Q2 symbol.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Think of it this way... compared to N mode, D holds the revs higher before up-shifting, downshifts sooner when braking, and essentially stays in one less gear than N at any speed. So when cruising in N you will be in 8th gear, while in D at the same speed you will be in 7th.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Driven gently, D mode will short-shift. Now back to our regular programming.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Funny... I'm so dumb I never knew Q2 stood for RWD and Q4 stood for AWD. I knew I bought a RWD vehicle but didn't get the Q2 symbol.
The Q2 badge defines if you have the dynamic package, which gives a LSD and adaptive suspension. All Giulia's are RWD.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies! Very much appreciate the info
Learning a lot about these cars

1 - 20 of 46 Posts