Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a good deal of time driving all these cars yesterday.

The Giulia won by a country mile, with the A4 second. The Jag XE was last by far. What a disappointing car. The interior is horrible. The visibility is a joke.

I was quite surprised with everything about the Giulia once I sat in and drove it, even with the 19" wheels it drove so smooth over some pretty crappy roads.

Order goes in tomorrow for one in Misano Blue with dark wheels.

·
Registered
82 Posts

The Giulia won by a country mile, with the A4 second. The Jag XE was last by far. What a disappointing car. The interior is horrible. The visibility is a joke.

I was quite surprised with everything about the Giulia once I sat in and drove it, even with the 19" wheels it drove so smooth over some pretty crappy roads.

Well, I have driven an A4 several times and if that came in second, I can only imagine the distance of the 3rd and 4th finishers!! The Giulia is WAY out in front of the A4 in terms of driving experience in every category that I can think of. Good for you for trying them all out, and I think you have made an excellent decision!! I hope you don't have to wait too long, and I am sure you will love the car as much as all of us here seem to.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Misano Blue is not on the website yet but is available just dont know interior choices. Black seems like the way to go. Tan not sure with that color.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Driving experience is definitely something Alfa Romeo put a lot of emphasis on with the Giulia and I'm glad they did. It's also good to hear that there are still a bunch of folks out there who also care about how a car drives and I think want to enjoy their time behind the wheel. Hope your order comes though quickly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why didn't you drive the ATS? It is the only one that can drive like a Giulia.

Reactions: Alan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Not a Cadillac guy!!! I drove both the 4 cyl and 6 cyl Jag. It drove well but the whole vibe was that it is just slapped together. There were 45 XE's on the lot, meaning the car is not selling. The interior is an abortion, like you are sitting in a bucket. No appeal to me at all. Really a second class effort.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why didn't you drive the ATS? It is the only one that can drive like a Giulia.
Agreed, my wife had an ATS 2.0...the handling on that car was just phenomenal, the steering was so quick, a really fun car to drive. From what I have read the Giulia is the only car to match or exceed the ATS's reflexes. The Giulia seems a little bigger to me inside than the ATS.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Not a Cadillac guy!!! I drove both the 4 cyl and 6 cyl Jag. It drove well but the whole vibe was that it is just slapped together. There were 45 XE's on the lot, meaning the car is not selling. The interior is an abortion, like you are sitting in a bucket. No appeal to me at all. Really a second class effort.
WOW 45!! my local dealer did not have a SINGLE 3.0 R-Sport as we were cross shopping that with the 340 M-Sport we ended up leasing..couldn't be bothered trying to locate one...

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
That is also a great handling car. I saw online that you can lease a ATS-V for $515 a month! That's a great deal almost to good to pass up.
good luck trying to find one in dealer stock....at least in my area....
drove the whole V-Line at MMC when they were the sponsor brand there...and the ATS-V sedan was a hoot to drive...made all the right noises...interior was not to my liking...but the loved the manual and the suspension...the CTS-V was an absolute monster...still came as a manual at the the time...but you could feel its girth...even with all the HP....

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm wondering if the XE you drove was awd? I drove an r sport awd and was not impressed. When I drove rwd version I honestly thought it was much better. I don't pay a ton of attention to interior quality in these cars, other than squeaks and rattles, so I still have Chevy SS, ATS V, and Quadrifoglio on my short list, and would have one of each if I could swing it!
I love your color choice.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Interested to hear that you felt the RWD XE was a lot better. I test drove the AWD one and got the usual salesman assurances that it's RWD unless the real wheels slip. But it didn't feel fun to drive to me, I would go back and try the RWD but my RWD LSD Giulia is on order. It's a special order mainly because decided it had to be RWD. I know a lot of people swear by AWD and I'm just glad that the Giulia has both options.

·
Registered
223 Posts

The XE feels "unfinished" like one recent magazine report mentioned. Jaguar needs to quick fix that car and tweek the interior too...that would put them in the ballpark with the competition.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Misano Blue is not on the website yet but is available just dont know interior choices. Black seems like the way to go. Tan not sure with that color.
Where did you see the Misano blue? I would like to go check it out. Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm wondering if the XE you drove was awd? I drove an r sport awd and was not impressed. When I drove rwd version I honestly thought it was much better. I don't pay a ton of attention to interior quality in these cars, other than squeaks and rattles, so I still have Chevy SS, ATS V, and Quadrifoglio on my short list, and would have one of each if I could swing it!
I'm really interested in the 2018 XE S - finally available in the US. 380 HP and it sounds great! starts at 52K. Sort of that sweet spot between the Quadrifoglio and Ti. Plus Jaguar EliteCare = free maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles!

·
Registered
193 Posts
so I still have Chevy SS, ATS V, and Quadrifoglio on my short list, and would have one of each if I could swing it!
I wished Cadillac would have stuffed the NA V8 from the Camaro (rated at 455 hp) and stuck it in the ATS (it would fit since it also rides on GM's Alpha platform). Price it in the low 50's and that would likely be my next car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wished Cadillac would have stuffed the NA V8 from the Camaro (rated at 455 hp) and stuck it in the ATS (it would fit since it also rides on GM's Alpha platform). Price it in the low 50's and that would likely be my next car.
I was really close to buying the ATS Coupe when I decided to go test drive the Giulia. That test drive instantly ended any interest I had in the Cadillac. I still think the Cadillac is a fantastic car but it just did not push the buttons for me like the Giulia did.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts