Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daytime Running Lights

have always had them on since new as i like the wicked eye look and they do look better than any other DRLs on the road (AUDI have some ridiculous ones of late)

i felt like a change and went to disable them and shock horror, where i definitely remember them being selectable as an option under ... settings> lights> daytime lights on/off ... the option is no longer there!!!

i hate it when they do that

software version is MV-002.009.047 and TV-002.009.047

question : do you guys have a later version S/W with DRL optional ? or is it an Aussie market thing where we get nannycuckolded into everything we never wanted (for our own good of course)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, those software versions are infotainment versions and not related to ECU however i cant seem to be able to switch the DRLs off anymore

you guys the same?

·
Registered
194 Posts
ok, those software versions are infotainment versions and not related to ECU however i cant seem to be able to switch the DRLs off anymore

you guys the same?
Hey Papa, just checked 'lights sub-menus' on mine, and no DRLs on/off option available. She's a Quadrifoglio with no updates since delivery in June 2017: Australian spec.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Depends where you are, they may have made them mandatory because of your regain, and sadly they cannot go back to the old software level, although you’d be best to ask the dealer about this, it should be listed in the “fixes” section of the tsb for the software.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Papa, just checked 'lights sub-menus' on mine, and no DRLs on/off option available. She's a Quadrifoglio with no updates since delivery in June 2017: Australian spec.
thanks mate, now thats weird because i swear i saw the option there months ago, mines an original Nov16 build, January 17 exported, March 17 compliance

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depends where you are, they may have made them mandatory because of your regain, and sadly they cannot go back to the old software level, although you’d be best to ask the dealer about this, it should be listed in the “fixes” section of the tsb for the software.
unfortunately it looks that way

not that i mind, like i said they are pretty awesome running lights, would have liked the option though

ah well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts