Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many manufacturers/brands have driving schools or events for their brands. I've done several of the BMW driving schools, and a couple of Jaguar events, and Land Rover schools and events. One of my friends just did a Corvette owners event and it got me thinking....maybe Alfa Romeo should host an event of some sort for owners to have a track day or people that want to give an Alfa a real test drive. Are any of your dealerships hosting events?

·
Registered
69 Posts
i would very much appreciate such an effort. I have participated in a Corvette event in the past and it was a fantastic experience.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It would be a smart idea

I have heard of those for the M series beemers. Alfa Romeo GET ON BOARD. Maybe they just want us to total our QVs so we have to buy new. We plan to take a course but it would be nice to have a day for Alfas

·
Registered
279 Posts
Takes alot of effort for the car clubs to put these events together - instructors, etc. The Alfa club likely doesn't have the organizational infrastructure needed for it. Best bet - just join the BMWCCA, you can attend their club events with any car.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My dealer is hosting a track day this Tuesday, and yes, we're going. Will be my wife's first track event.

FCA has 'Abarth Experience' for original owners of Fiat 500 Abarth. I went to one when I owned my Abarth. Had a blast! FCA does this for some of their other high performance cars.

There are car clubs in all areas that do track day events. Some are well run, and others not so well. SCCA (which I haven't done) would be a good place to examine. Some clubs offer high performance driving schools, not all use that name though. SCCA has several levels of driving schools.

I do track events with my local chapter of the Alfa Club of America. We offer driving school as well as several levels of track events, from beginner to full on racing. Full racing requires a fully prepped race car and a racing license with our club. Not all chapters of the Alfa Club do track events.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Takes alot of effort for the car clubs to put these events together - instructors, etc. The Alfa club likely doesn't have the organizational infrastructure needed for it. Best bet - just join the BMWCCA, you can attend their club events with any car.
Yeah BMW or Chin.. for the time being if you're going to any event / have interest in it post it up here as far in advance as possible here...

p.s.. you could still get to LRP by Friday ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have heard of those for the M series beemers. Alfa Romeo GET ON BOARD. Maybe they just want us to total our QVs so we have to buy new. We plan to take a course but it would be nice to have a day for Alfas
I’ve done the M school at the BMW performance center in Spartanburg, SC and it was awesome. I’d go to an Alfa school event in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Alfa Club of Southern California has a track program. Their next event is in June at Buttonwillow. They typically do a half dozen events a year up and down the state including Willow Springs and Laguna Secca among others. I believe the national club has a track day planned at their national event in Olympia Washington this August.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.