Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My POC doc is showing the below inclusions with the AGJ Driver Assist package:

GBC Infrared windshield
LA1 Lane depart warning
LMS Auto high-beam control
LSS Forward collision warning

In the non-POC docs that I have for the car it clearly details "adaptive cruise control" as a part of the above AGJ package.

However, the POC doc does not include any mention of adaptive cruise. Is adaptive cruise a part of AGJ or not?

Seems as though it is just a software add to make adaptive cruise work when the car already has the FCW feature?

Thanks.

If you made it this far

POC = Priced Order Confirmation (order actually accepted by Alfa Romeo)

FCW = Forward Collision Warning

AGJ = something something Italian code acronym for driver safety :grin2:

·
Registered
418 Posts
My POC doc is showing the below inclusions with the AGJ Driver Assist package:

GBC Infrared windshield
LA1 Lane depart warning
LMS Auto high-beam control
LSS Forward collision warning

In the non-POC docs that I have for the car it clearly details "adaptive cruise control" as a part of the above AGJ package.

However, the POC doc does not include any mention of adaptive cruise. Is adaptive cruise a part of AGJ or not?

Seems as though it is just a software add to make adaptive cruise work when the car already has the FCW feature?

Thanks.

If you made it this far

POC = Priced Order Confirmation (order actually accepted by Alfa Romeo)

FCW = Forward Collision Warning

AGJ = something something Italian code acronym for driver safety :grin2:
You'll notice the pre spec units say Driver Assistance Dynamic Launch Package. Price is 1,200 or instead of 1,500. It was either wait longer or send the first batch without adaptive cruise. From here on out all driver assist dynamic packages that are ordered will have the adaptive cruise.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Does this include the next batch of cars arriving shortly? Maybe?

I would *think it is only a software update in order to download and activate the activate the adaptive cruise.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Pre spec or was it ordered? If it's prespec it's likely. Driver assist dynamic is AJJ. No there is a radar unit that goes where the flat spot is on the lower right side of the front fascia. Camera controls lane depart and fcw but adaptive cruise is a combo of the two.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hmmm, after you mention it, yeap, "launch" package is shown on the POC. Bleh. Do the launch cars have regular cruise control at least?

Edit: yeap, basic cruise control included. Looked at the feature card across all models.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay, I'm dumb. The Moroney has the Driver Assist Dynamic Launch Package on it - but for the life of me - none of it seems to be working - and I am FINE with that so far.
Also, didn't really see anything about that in the manual - but I've still got a ways to go.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once you get into the "Safety" menu of the car, you'll find some settings there.

If there is an "off", though, I have not found it yet. The sensitivity for the lane change can be set to "sooner" or "later" (working from memory here). Though, I did not see the "off"

Hopefully there will a software update which allows "off"

Let us know what's up with your's when you find out?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Okay, I'm dumb. The Moroney has the Driver Assist Dynamic Launch Package on it - but for the life of me - none of it seems to be working - and I am FINE with that so far.
Also, didn't really see anything about that in the manual - but I've still got a ways to go.
Once you get into the "Safety" menu of the car, you'll find some settings there.

If there is an "off", though, I have not found it yet. The sensitivity for the lane change can be set to "sooner" or "later" (working from memory here). Though, I did not see the "off"

Hopefully there will a software update which allows "off"

Let us know what's up with your's when you find out?
I haven't experimented with the safety much I still think of safety as I would driving a 4C, drive a bit faster than others stay toward the left and have hyper situational awareness lol. I do remember the sensitivity portion but as this system is magneti marelli rather than uconnect and I was a bit innundated today after missing half a week for Alfa training I can't say for sure off the top of my head. I'll look into it in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Major rain here today in the Northeast. The car generally sits inside when the weather is bad. This weekend there will be a lot more learning in effect!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Major rain here today in the Northeast. The car generally sits inside when the weather is bad. This weekend there will be a lot more learning in effect!
Lane departure is on the end of the turn signal stalk, fcw has to be turned off in the screen and if you are like me you'll turn off the auto start stop by the headlight control while you're at it lol

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lane departure is on the end of the turn signal stalk, fcw has to be turned off in the screen and if you are like me you'll turn off the auto start stop by the headlight control while you're at it lol
Good fine on the lane departure on the turn signal stalk. One of these days I'll start to explore the supplied documentation. It is too much fun, however, learning on the fly.

Odd thing about the disabling the auto/start/stop is the light is "on" when the system is "off"

The climate control indicators are the opposite (and rightly so I think), light "on" = "active". For instant, A/C on = light on and so forth. Tough to verify the recirc mode. Not sure what the M--->A on the knob indicates other than manual to automatic?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good fine on the lane departure on the turn signal stalk. One of these days I'll start to explore the supplied documentation. It is too much fun, however, learning on the fly.

Odd thing about the disabling the auto/start/stop is the light is "on" when the system is "off"

The climate control indicators are the opposite (and rightly so I think), light "on" = "active". For instant, A/C on = light on and so forth. Tough to verify the recirc mode. Not sure what the M--->A on the knob indicates other than manual to automatic?
Same thing with bmw on the start/stop being lit up when disabled. If I had it my way it would be permanently disabled. The A--->M button (when lit) activates recirc and utilizes that air quality system. As far as what the A and M actually mean.... not a clue, but that's what the button does lol.

·
Registered
242 Posts
... The A--->M button (when lit) activates recirc and utilizes that air quality system. As far as what the A and M actually mean.... not a clue, but that's what the button does lol.
If it's like BMW system, A = Automatic Recirc - only when it detects pollutants and M = Manual - so Recirc all the time. From the manual, it looks like there are two lights so shows which option is active.

·
Registered
89 Posts
bringing back this thread...

so the car I am highly considering that has the Driver Assist Package. I'd prefer one without it but this is (nearly) perfect. Does anyone who have this feature find it buggy or quirky? I'm not a fan of all the automation but I wouldn't kick it out...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wow, I cannot STAND the driver's assist gizmos. Adaptive cruise control, collision warning... all of it. Might as well be driving an autonomous car.

Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: John_K_348
1 - 20 of 28 Posts