Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was another thread about this, how the trunk just would not stay shut. However, that person's key fob was in the car and it's a safety feature that prevents you from locking yourself out. Mine's not the case. The fob stays on me at all times, and when closing my trunk, it just would not stay shut. Perhaps due to the close proximity the car thinks the fob is inside?

Another issue is, the trunk button on the key fob just would not work. No matter the distance, even standing next to the vehicle, the trunk just would not open when key fob is pressed. Neither the main or spare key fobs work. Anyone else encountering this issue? The key fob has been charged and remote start works fine.

The car only has 800 miles and these issues started since the day I picked the car up. Here's a video....it really feelings like i'm dribbling a ball.

https://youtu.be/vXwNbTi84LU

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had this happen, too. I thnk what is happening is the car thinks it's running, and when its running will not let the trunk open. Safety thing, don't you know.

The remedy I found was to use the fob to lock then unlock the car, and then the trunk lid would stay closed.

·
Registered
573 Posts
In watching/listening to the video it sound like the trunk was closing but then releasing like maybe the open button on the trunk is stuck or it was getting a signal from the fob.

Of course, we can't see your other hand in the video so........????

Just kidding.

Never had this happen to me.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the advice. After playing around a bit, i realized the only way for it to stay closed is just simply hitting unlock on the key fob. But regardless, we shouldn't have to even do that at all.

But still can't explain why my trunk button on the fob never works.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In watching/listening to the video it sound like the trunk was closing but then releasing like maybe the open button on the trunk is stuck or it was getting a signal from the fob.

Just kidding.

Haha I knew someone was going to point that out. Because this never happens to you, does your key fob trunk button work fine?

·
Registered
573 Posts

Just kidding.

Haha I knew someone was going to point that out. Because this never happens to you, does your key fob trunk button work fine?
Not sure, I don't know if I have even tried it. I do know the wife has issues with closing the trunk but I think I have only had it not close for me maybe 3 times.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The trunk button on my key fob works fine. Press the button twice in rapid succession and the trunk opens after a 1-2 second delay.

Hope you figure this out. I found myself getting annoyed while watching your video, so you must be quite frustrated.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,196 Posts
I am wondering if this could be a problem with your fob rather than with your car. For example, perhaps the trunk open button is stuck. Can you reproduce the problem? What happens if you put the fob in a closed tin can?

·
Registered
277 Posts
You have two fobs. Try the other one. If the same problem, it's the car. If not. It's the fob.

Another suggestion. Replace the fob batteries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts