Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done anything to dress these wheels up? i was thinking about powdercoating in gloss dark grey metallic or maybe gloss white. I've always liked the way white wheels look on a red car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Have you considered Plastidipping the rims? There are ways to get a glossy finish with plastidip now, and it is completely reversible. I know a guy who uses it on his Jeep, and even off-roading, it lasts well. There are places all over that do this now.

I would consider getting a OEM takeoff set of the rims to do this to as well. I'm sure more will become available.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I really want these!
Of course! Can't go wrong with OZ. But here's another option. Mask the side of the spokes, if you want, and paint a contrast, shadow color, like black or just mask off the gunmetal gray. But all white would look cool. Maybe get some red Alfa Romeo script stickers to accent the white rims.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I really want these!
I agree with John K 348, OZ makes a great product.
It that your 164LS?
I bought one last year for $500. Cranked, but wouldn't start. Underhood wiring chewed by rodents.
Flipped it for $1500. Engine going into a GTV6.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I love my 19" 5 holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with John K 348, OZ makes a great product.
It that your 164LS?
I bought one last year for $500. Cranked, but wouldn't start. Underhood wiring chewed by rodents.
Flipped it for $1500. Engine going into a GTV6.
I cant find anyone that carries those wheels in the same size as what i currently have on my Giulia. Ideally, i would find them in the same size, swap my tires over and use them up until my lease is over. swap the tires back and sell the OZs.

Yes, the LS is mine. I've owned this one for the past 6 years and i absolutely love it. I try to drive it at least once a week and everytime i do, it puts a big smile on my face. Needs some paint and it's due for a belt and battery if i ever find time. I don't think i'll ever sell it.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I cant find anyone that carries those wheels in the same size as what i currently have on my Giulia. Ideally, i would find them in the same size, swap my tires over and use them up until my lease is over. swap the tires back and sell the OZs.

Yes, the LS is mine. I've owned this one for the past 6 years and i absolutely love it. I try to drive it at least once a week and everytime i do, it puts a big smile on my face. Needs some paint and it's due for a belt and battery if i ever find time. I don't think i'll ever sell it.
Is it a 94 or a 95?
Auto or 5 speed?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I hear you about the white wheels but the thought of keeping them clean ......:crying:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts