Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

By way of introduction I have dreamed about owing an Alfa ever since I first drove one for an entire summer many years ago in Italy. I finally made the jump and I have just picked up my new 2018 Guilia Ti Sport AWD (Build Date Nov/2017). Prior to taking Giulia home I it dropped off at a reputable auto detailing shop and had them apply XPEL Paint Protection Film (Full Front Bumper, Hood Coverage, Mirrors and Fender Coverage plus Rocker Panel) as well a ceramic coating (22PLE ZX).

I have been reading through the forum and picking up valuable information and tips. I do hope to contribute in the future once I get a few more kms on the Alfa.

I do have a question - I am sort of second guessing myself and was wondering if I should have had ceramic coating applied to the wheels while it was in being detailed. Has anyone had long-term experience with ceramic coated wheels? How often do you have get it re-applied?

Thanks in advance for your responses / advice.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Giulia! I have no idea about the wheels; I've already replaced mine with a different set. From what I've read from others who have had it on their wheels though, it makes them easier to clean and snow doesn't want to cling to them as easily.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes. Ceramic coating on both wheels and brake calipers. Makes them very easy to clean and dirt , brake dust, and stuff does not seem to collect much at all on them. Not sure about how soon I will need to reapply. Only had the car for a month. I will be taking it back to my detailer for yearly full detailing and maintenance on the xpel and ceramic. Should help make it all last long and look nice longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts