Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my QV to Island Dragway in NJ yesterday.
Best time was a 12.41 @ 117.5 MPH.
The car ran pretty much flawlessly - I did 5 runs.
No error codes, etc. (can't say the same for my ZL1 when I took it to the track - the ZL1 lit up like a Christmas tree when I attempted to use launch control).

The biggest issue I had was wheel spin at and during launch.
I didn't bring a tire pressure gauge, but lowering the rear pressure could have helped. Or drag radials :grin2:
It was also a hot humid day, and you can see my sub-par reaction time.

I am quite happy with her performance and it's interesting to note that the Giulia beat my ZL1s best time on the first run (slightly modified ZL1).

It was a fun night!
She has a mightily little V6!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Loving it! I've been working on my launch control with the Q. Takes a little bit of getting used to. With practice though, started to minimize wheel spin.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Nice to hear that you are letting your QV stretch her legs......

I am just a little confused....... somebody a while back started a thread about his QV having lag and no wheelspin, you state that the biggest issue was wheel spin......:confused:

Did you launch it with the left foot brake technique or the conventional way?

Was the track wet/greasy?

Why do you think there was too much wheel spin?

Inquiry minds want to know.......:smile2:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir - left foot on the brake, then give it gas.
Stabilizes around 2000 RPMs and boom - yes lots of wheelspin - lots of power.

If you would just floor it it will delay for a second or so.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff! Need more of these threads :)
Seems the negative press and issues get more interest - this post died on the vine compared to the complaints and issues...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yes sir - left foot on the brake, then give it gas.
Stabilizes around 2000 RPMs and boom - yes lots of wheelspin - lots of power.

If you would just floor it it will delay for a second or so.
Cool, did you take any videos?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Seems the negative press and issues get more interest - this post died on the vine compared to the complaints and issues...
hahaha I was literally thinking the same thing when you posted this thread.

I have a feeling that most of the folks like you and me are busy out enjoying their cars instead of posting on the forum.

It's easier to post you have a negative experience or when searching for an issue. A little harder to post and share the random joys that happen in day to day ownership.

Really looking forward to seeing more build threads, and advancements the tuners on here make.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
117.5 mph is no joke

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
ATCO in Berlin NJ

@OP you can lower your time by going to ATCO...LOL....I'm not a drag-racer....been only once...and that was in my E39 M5...
was told because of the negative to low DA it is a bit quicker...
at any rate...nicely done! and a tip of the hat.....I bet nobody was expecting to see an Alfa at a dragstrip...>:)

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
At that trap speed, the car is easily an 11-second quarter mile terror with a no wheelspin 60 ft

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At that trap speed, the car is easily an 11-second quarter mile terror with a no wheelspin 60 ft
He's the slip and a photo (sorry, no videos).
Seems I had the reaction time of a corpse...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
That's moving out for sure!

Gotta love that the guy in the other lane left the line first and you got to the other end before him. What kinda car was it that it trapped at less than 90mph?

Looks like from the breakdown the Quad may only be able to make up a few tenths off the line. Getting below a 1.7s 60' time is tough on street radials.

That thing was pulling HARD up top. The mph that is made in the last few hundred feet is a testament to how much raw power the car makes.

Looks great!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's moving out for sure!
Gotta love that the guy in the other lane left the line first and you got to the other end before him. What kinda car was it that it trapped at less than 90mph?
Looks great!
It was a friends LS Swap 70 S10 pickup.
LS swap is a modern V8 put in an old vehicle - modern reliability and power.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts