Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any aftermarket manufacturer make downpipes for the QV? Kinda surprised I haven't run across anything on google or this forum.

Are the gains not worth it? or there not enough of these cars on the road for sales to be worthwhile?

thanks

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Not that I know of, yet. Legalities will be an issue here for street going cars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does any aftermarket manufacturer make downpipes for the QV? Kinda surprised I haven't run across anything on google or this forum.

Are the gains not worth it? or there not enough of these cars on the road for sales to be worthwhile?

thanks
Supersprint offers both cat less and 200 cell downpipes for the Q.V. I actually bought a set of cat less because of the HP increase relative to cost ($950 USD) but the vendor confirmed I would receive a CEL + recommended a tune so I cancelled my order.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Supersprint offers both cat less and 200 cell downpipes for the Q.V. I actually bought a set of cat less because of the HP increase relative to cost ($950 USD) but the vendor confirmed I would receive a CEL + recommended a tune so I cancelled my order.
Well i would think that getting down pipes (going careless) would require a tune to have any real benefit.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the information

I am planning on getting a tune so I'll speak to Eurocomplusion on how the Alfa ECUs behave.

On VW/Audi cars, you can go catless and pass inspection with a tune. On my AMG, even though there is no CEL with a tune, the car will show a not ready code when plugged into the inspection station.

Did you buy them directly from Supersprint's website or through a North American retailer? Trying to figure out if I have to deal with customs.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know if the downpipe install is pretty straight forward or do you have to drop the entire driveline?

·
Registered
123 Posts
GTHaus also has full catless exhausts, either Ti or SS options. Betting a tune isn't needed, rather, a spacer for the sensor might do the trick (not always, but most of the time, this works). To maximize gains, a tune is best of course. I'd just do it for the sound... gains be damned on this car... already have trouble hooking 295's

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought another Jeep again two weeks ago( I had an 06 in the past). It’s stock for now. I’ve been waiting to play with this QV, there’s not much for them out there. I can’t wait to see what you do. Only if these guys knew about your other toy.

I did, it's my daily /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif I still have a turbo WK1 but it's too much for the road.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would love about 625 to 650whp in this setup! I'll get there at some point, but that's about all it needs to be "supersedan" capable I think.

Ben's SUSPECT Jeep is about to hit 200 in the half and the TT Jeep is about get real rowdy again ;)

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I would love about 625 to 650whp in this setup! I'll get there at some point, but that's about all it needs to be "supersedan" capable I think.

Ben's SUSPECT Jeep is about to hit 200 in the half and the TT Jeep is about get real rowdy again /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
I would imagine it would be almost impossible to get 600 whp out of a quad without it throwing a rod. Not sure the engine can produce that safely. I’m at 500 whp and adding 200 cell down pipes and and after market cold air intake would get me to maybe 530 whp if lucky. I would love to see you get 600 and the engine still handle it. This car would be lights out at that point. It’s aleady in between m5 and gtr with 500 whp. 600 would be out of control fast lol. Def have to go to sport cup 2s

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh I don't plan on doing it with the stock turbos. Got some things brewing that should help with significant power increases without crazy amounts of boost. I've sourced a junk block that we'll be dissecting and see what we need to do to make it better, as far as the rotator is concerned. Good thing is I have a lot of industry connects that make me just about anything we need or want, seeing as we do it daily with another platform.

What's all done to yours? I've been flying under the radar for the time being but I think I'm about ready to start taking some major dives.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Oh I don't plan on doing it with the stock turbos. Got some things brewing that should help with significant power increases without crazy amounts of boost. I've sourced a junk block that we'll be dissecting and see what we need to do to make it better, as far as the rotator is concerned. Good thing is I have a lot of industry connects that make me just about anything we need or want, seeing as we do it daily with another platform.

What's all done to yours? I've been flying under the radar for the time being but I think I'm about ready to start taking some major dives.
I have ecu tune by fabspeed. 500 confirmed whp. Truth is the car is a nightmare to dyno. It stopped at 498whp at 5700 rpm then threw codes. So possibly a little more hp left. Even with all wheel dyno jet, Still need to clear codes to put car in “rolls test”. Was going catless but even with ecu tune with O2 delete it will still throw codes so 200 cell is best bet. I’m sure you can get 600whp with new turbos and if money is no object lol. I’m guessing you will be about 15k In with new turbos, exhaust, cold air intake etc. car would be insane fast. I’m not sure engine and transmission could handle that at extended periods. But I won’t stop you from being the guinea pig lol. God bless. Drive it hard cugine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ecu tune by fabspeed. 500 confirmed whp. Truth is the car is a nightmare to dyno. It stopped at 498whp at 5700 rpm then threw codes. So possibly a little more hp left. Even with all wheel dyno jet, Still need to clear codes to put car in “rolls test”. Was going catless but even with ecu tune with O2 delete it will still throw codes so 200 cell is best bet. I’m sure you can get 600whp with new turbos and if money is no object lol. I’m guessing you will be about 15k In with new turbos, exhaust, cold air intake etc. car would be insane fast. I’m not sure engine and transmission could handle that at extended periods. But I won’t stop you from being the guinea pig lol. God bless. Drive it hard cugine.
Trust me if anyone can do it he's the man lol. This dude is a legend and I'm glad he's coming over to this platform. By the way are you in the Philly area?

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's gotta be some fun power too! I'm jelly of your setup:smile2:

I've got a lot of assistance in the tuning matters so that should be an issue really. I'll have some bugs to deal with early on I can imagine but that's nothing we can't get over. The only uncertainty to me is th type of material the rods are made out of. The crank and pistons are a solid design so I've got no worries there but I'm sure my friends at Diamond Racing would be happy to whip up some slugs for me to suit whatever I need. Custom rods shouldn't be an issue, if that's going to be a concern of course. I think I'll have about 20 wrapped up into it, without diving into the motor.

I'm not sweating the trans one bit. It's an 8HP unit, we've pushed the 8HP70 series in the built/boosted WK2 Srt8 and built/boosted LC/LX (Challenger/Charger SRT/SCAT etc) platforms very hard. Some beyond 800WHP on 100% stock trans/converters. Those beasts weigh 800-1600lbs more than these light footed creatures do with a lesser unit so I'm not worried there. If anything should go south with the trans, I've got 2 reputable transmission builders that have 1000-1250whp 8HP units running around on dozens of high powered Hellcats, some that we've built in house.

Trust me if anyone can do it he's the man lol. This dude is a legend and I'm glad he's coming over to this platform. By the way are you in the Philly area?
Hey now stop that, you're making blush, ha. Thank you for the praise! I'm just hanging around trying something new. Full support isn't there just yet but we'll do what we can to uncork some stuff! Others will soon learn how ridiculous we are, ha! >:)>:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts