Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread may get some hate but I'm going to ask anyway and open it up for discussion.

I've found 2 exhausts that have an X Pipe in the muffler: supersprint, and akrapovic seems to have a new line called the slip on exhaust that mates to the factory mid pipe and has an X Pipe in it's muffler and no longer has an external bypass (price was only 1k less despite being Axel back, but that's a topic for a different thread).

Thoughts on combining an X Pipe resonator delete with a muffler with an X Pipe in it? I did a Google search and found a company (Corsa) making a double X Pipe Helix, but they are close to each other and are for American muscle cars, so I thought I'd ask here.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To each his own. I would scrap the x-pipe if you running HFC especially without a tune.
I've been thinking about it. I'll have to listen and see how it sounds then decide.

With most aftermarket exhausts putting the x/h pipe so near the cats, I wonder why these 2 are in the muffler

·
Registered
163 Posts
With most aftermarket exhausts putting the x/h pipe so near the cats, I wonder why these 2 are in the muffler
I was told that x-pipe style mufflers are to reduce drone and increase overall tone. Not sure how much truth is in that, but I do have the Supersprint Race Exhaust on its way for my Stelvio QV and will post sound clips once it’s all done

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told that x-pipe style mufflers are to reduce drone and increase overall tone. Not sure how much truth is in that, but I do have the Supersprint Race Exhaust on its way for my Stelvio QV and will post sound clips once it’s all done
Can't wait to hear it

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
This thread may get some hate but I'm going to ask anyway and open it up for discussion.

I've found 2 exhausts that have an X Pipe in the muffler: supersprint, and akrapovic seems to have a new line called the slip on exhaust that mates to the factory mid pipe and has an X Pipe in it's muffler and no longer has an external bypass (price was only 1k less despite being Axel back, but that's a topic for a different thread).

Thoughts on combining an X Pipe resonator delete with a muffler with an X Pipe in it? I did a Google search and found a company (Corsa) making a double X Pipe Helix, but they are close to each other and are for American muscle cars, so I thought I'd ask here.
What exhaust are you running now?...I thought your car sounded pretty good when you were over, but don't remember if you were still stock or not...

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What exhaust are you running now?...I thought your car sounded pretty good when you were over, but don't remember if you were still stock or not...
Thanks! I had just an xpipe resonator delete at the time. I'm getting hfc installed in about 2 weeks but I'm getting antsy waiting lol. After that, the only thing left that will be stock is the muffler which is why I'm still exploring options. I'd love an external bypass for the muffler to make the system basically a straight pipe, but I can't seem to find any I really like the sound of, especially considering the prices. Most are too deep, and the ones that sound more high pitched have an x pipe in the muffler and no external bypass.

I'm sure I'll be happy once the hfc are installed, but until then, I'm going stir crazy stuck at home.

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You wont want a catback after you get the HFC. I have HFC and centerline x-pipe. It's too loud most of the time. (with valves open)
I can't wait!

Reactions: kumar_a

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks! I had just an xpipe resonator delete at the time. I'm getting hfc installed in about 2 weeks but I'm getting antsy waiting lol. After that, the only thing left that will be stock is the muffler which is why I'm still exploring options. I'd love an external bypass for the muffler to make the system basically a straight pipe, but I can't seem to find any I really like the sound of, especially considering the prices. Most are too deep, and the ones that sound more high pitched have an x pipe in the muffler and no external bypass.

I'm sure I'll be happy once the hfc are installed, but until then, I'm going stir crazy stuck at home.
Were you able to get the HFC installed yet by any chance? Curious to hear your thoughts with the X-Pipe.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Were you able to get the HFC installed yet by any chance? Curious to hear your thoughts with the X-Pipe.
Not yet. Next Friday the 19th I'm going into Fabspeed. I'm counting the days. I've got a 2 hour/100 mile ride home so I'll get plenty of time to test it out and I'll post something next Friday night

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.