Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok definitely looking at detail here so feel free to ignore me. Take both of your hands and place each one of them vertical with the metal window border of the door. Basically left and right side of window frame. Now lean into the door moving your weight and push back, repeat. There's a loud squeashy sound (yes that's a technical term). I tried this on my little mazda and random cars in the parking lot (honda, toyota, etc.) and they are more solid. There's definitely not much room play opposed to the Alfa. I found this in all four doors.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,435 Posts
Is that the weatherstrip or play in the latch?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm glad you started this thread because I meant to start a similar one. What I find is that especially on the highway, if I skim over any wet spots the car does a very poor job at insulating the sound. I still get a good amount of wind noise as well at speed and can't tell yet if this is normal and I'm being overly sensitive or if i have a bad weatherstrip.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is this BS comment supposed to mean?
If the weatherstrip is compromised, can this be the root cause for possibly more than usual cabin noise.

My .02, I do not hear any "more than normal" cabin noise in my scenario.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am suffering from the same issue, I have excess wind noise that seems unresolved, and I know it is excess because I actually test drove two 17's to end up buying a 18 at the last minute, and the difference is night and day. First they thought it was the weatherstrip and changed it, then they adjusted the striker plate and gave me the car back saying ''the noise is still heard but the tech declared it is within specs'', yet noone even seems to be willing release these specs. When I think about what the specs are I was expecting ''at cruising speeds of 65-70mph, the expected wind noise when measured x centimeters from the door is below y dB's '' not some mechanic calling it, ''eh I couldn't really fix it so it must be within specs''. Manufacturing quality really leaves something to be desired. You can see how I am progressing by checking my comments in the other thread about someone considering Giulia 2018.

I'm glad you started this thread because I meant to start a similar one. What I find is that especially on the highway, if I skim over any wet spots the car does a very poor job at insulating the sound. I still get a good amount of wind noise as well at speed and can't tell yet if this is normal and I'm being overly sensitive or if i have a bad weatherstrip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts