Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my inaugural washing of the car I noticed that if I spray water from a regular hose on the curved panel above the driver's or front passenger door handle the car will attempt to lock/unlock and lights will flash. I had the key in my pocket. I didn't notice which it was trying to do (probably unlock). I wonder if others have noticed this. I assume it must be a sensor for the comfort access which is fooled. It was happening so often I'm going to need to wash it without the key around in the future.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That’s normal with passive entry systems, the car thinks water is a hand touching the handle, all FCA vehicles do it as well.

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
In my inaugural washing of the car I noticed that if I spray water from a regular hose on the curved panel above the driver's or front passenger door handle the car will attempt to lock/unlock and lights will flash. I had the key in my pocket. I didn't notice which it was trying to do (probably unlock). I wonder if others have noticed this. I assume it must be a sensor for the comfort access which is fooled. It was happening so often I'm going to need to wash it without the key around in the future.
Mine does it as well. So did the Audi I had before this. Just keep the keys away from the car when washing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you can just keep the key in the car to avoid the lock/unlocking.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Same here. Fun times! Click click click click. After washing the car so many times through the warmer months, you would think the first thing I would do would be to pull the key out of my pocket? Nope. Always forget!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah make sure to keep that key away from the door, otherwise you end up like me and a few others waking up to a dead battery the next day -_-

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, My BMW and Toyota both do that as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Same with our Volvo. When washing the car, I simply throw the keys in the car and it doesn’t do that anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
As others stated, just leave the key in the car and this will not happen. My BMWs did this too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts