Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am new here, cool forum guys! I am having an issue with my 2018 QV. I had codes being thrown about the break lights and flashers not working when they were and when i parked the alarm would go off on it's own. Now it's down to the door saying it's open and as i drive it just decides when it wants to be open while i'm driving and when parked alarm still loves to just go off for no reason as well. I have no idea what to do to fix this. Is it a short or a bad fuse F36 or F16? Any help would be so grateful i'm struggling on this one and it's the most annoying problem i ever had with a car lol.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Hello!
I am new here, cool forum guys! I am having an issue with my 2018 QV. I had codes being thrown about the break lights and flashers not working when they were and when i parked the alarm would go off on it's own. Now it's down to the door saying it's open and as i drive it just decides when it wants to be open while i'm driving and when parked alarm still loves to just go off for no reason as well. I have no idea what to do to fix this. Is it a short or a bad fuse F36 or F16? Any help would be so grateful i'm struggling on this one and it's the most annoying problem i ever had with a car lol.

Thanks,
Not sure about the door, but search the forum for “alarm”, you’ll find plenty of posts and hopefully the fix.

Reactions: Finesse219

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
of course if you get a "door open" indication, the alarm would also go off ;) , so they could be related
I see what your saying but it did it before all the time with the other codes and not the door open fault and i was getting a fault code of p0074 i believe it was before. Now it's down to just the door problem bro it's beyond confusing what this car is doing right now it's playing with my emotions. I don't know if it's one problem or a bunch of things combined or simply a fuse and if it's a fuse going bad would it do that and which one?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I wouldn't expect it to be a fuse..... You could check the body computer (part of the fusebox in the passenger footspace), been known to be plagued by water ingress). The bodycomputer is the central controller for all the accessories, lights, locks, alarm etc..
Re the alarm, there was a recall on early models regarding the utrasonic interior alarm and tilt alarm, built into the ceiling light. The sensitivity of the ultrasonic and tilt alarm can also be adjusted (reduced), which helps in most cases

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't expect it to be a fuse..... You could check the body computer (part of the fusebox in the passenger footspace), been known to be plagued by water ingress). The bodycomputer is the central controller for all the accessories, lights, locks, alarm etc..
Re the alarm, there was a recall on early models regarding the utrasonic interior alarm and tilt alarm, built into the ceiling light. The sensitivity of the ultrasonic and tilt alarm can also be adjusted (reduced), which helps in most cases
I will check the passenger floor board fuse panel and see if there is any moisture man i hope not!! As it sounds there isn't really a DIY fix if this continues ill just face defeat and take it in the dealer and let you guys know exactly what it was! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I will check the passenger floor board fuse panel and see if there is any moisture man i hope not!! As it sounds there isn't really a DIY fix if this continues ill just face defeat and take it in the dealer anid let you guys know exactly what it was! Thanks guys!
if it is damp, drying it out should work as a first fix......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if it could be the sensor which detects if a door is open or closed?
Where would this sensor be located? I was trying to find it but i don't know enough about the cars engineering yet, I know on most cars they have that little pin that gets pushed in when you shut the door.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
828 Posts
Where would this sensor be located? I was trying to find it but i don't know enough about the cars engineering yet, I know on most cars they have that little pin that gets pushed in when you shut the door.
Sorry, i don't know where it is located.

Please note, i'm just theorizing on what could be causing the symptom.

·
Registered
560 Posts
check if door wiring loom on A-pillar is properly connected and not loose

1 - 12 of 12 Posts