Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Door lock lights blink intermittently

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Renardk764 
#1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find anything, also looked in the manual.

So I seldom lock my car when it's in the garage, today I did, I noticed that the red lights on the inner door handles blink intermittently. I'm assuming this is normal? ANy concerns with it killing the battery?

Also it had it's annual service yesterday and the horn beeps now when locking, From reading in the forum I can turn this off by going to settings in infotainment.

#2 ·
Mine does that when I get near with the key in my pocket. Does yours do it without the key nearby?

This is speculation, but I always thought it was a little visual queue that the keyless entry was being activated, that way the battery isn’t constantly pulling power “waiting” for you to open the door.

Kinda like how an Alexa is always listening for the keyword, and begins listening to all speech once activated, the car is searching for a key to come in proximity, then activates the handle sensors once a key is detected.

#5 ·
I removed the panic button option on my fob, just remove the plastic nubbin under the rubber, and voila! No more peeing my pants at 6:30 in the morning when I accidentally set it off.

#7 ·
Reviving an old thread unfortunately. I noticed the door lock lights flashing on my car tonight. Both my fobs are in faraday cages more than 30 feet away and there's 2 walls and a steel garage door between them and the car. Is this normal? Or did I inadvertently change a setting that started this. Curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.