Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought these at AliExpress $12
Looks like carbon fiber and covers cheap plastic behind door handle. Looks good comes with 3M adhesive on back easy to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
not bad for $12!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
All the carbon around the Air Conditioning Vents, covering the shifter and other pieces. Where did you get those from. I have seen the one for air conditioning controls but not the other accents.

·
Registered
857 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
wow. those look pretty darn good. I unfortunately went for the full carbon fiber pieces. They were quite a bit more than what you paid. Nice Job ! definitely worth the bang for the buck.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm confused. Is that a reflection, or do you have 2 QVs?

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
All the carbon around the Air Conditioning Vents, covering the shifter and other pieces. Where did you get those from. I have seen the one for air conditioning controls but not the other accents.

If that is something you are interested in we have a large selection of interior trim pieces done in real carbon fiber.

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...interior-door-handle-set-carbon-fiber-pid7242

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...speaker-frame-trim-carbon-fiber-black-pid6252

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...-giulia-door-sill-guards-carbon-fiber-pid7226

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...mplete-interior-trim-kit-carbon-fiber-pid7758

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...ior-door-handle-trim-kit-carbon-fiber-pid7702

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The door handle pieces already come on the QV. Do you have a picture of the shifter area knob carbon Fiber pieces on a QV that is already surrounded by Carbon Fiber. It has to be a match or it would look off. I will look at the other pieces and is that door sill illuminated CF?

·
Registered
272 Posts
The door handle pieces already come on the QV. Do you have a picture of the shifter area knob carbon Fiber pieces on a QV that is already surrounded by Carbon Fiber. It has to be a match or it would look off. I will look at the other pieces and is that door sill illuminated CF?
Does the QV have CF on the shifter or the area below? I didn't think it did. I am pretty sure Madness sells them those pieces anyway. Here is a pic of the one's from Madness that I installed on my non QV Giulia.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Does the QV have CF on the shifter or the area below? I didn't think it did. I am pretty sure Madness sells them those pieces anyway. Here is a pic of the one's from Madness that I installed on my non QV Giulia.
Easy to install? What ones did you end up ordering? It looks great!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Yes the QV comes with the Carbon Fiber on the counsel but not on the shifter area that is just black like you show in the picture. I think I will probably leave that as is because unless it blends in nicely it might make the whole thing look off. I think I will get the piece that goes over the temperature controls and maybe the windows. I really like the illuminated door slip which someone has already installed but it sounds tricky so something I will tackle in the winter not the summer in AZ

·
Registered
272 Posts
Easy to install? What ones did you end up ordering? It looks great!

Thanks I did the interior trim kit from Madness Autoworks which came with the two pieces shown in the picture. the four door handle pieces and the CF trim piece above the glove box. Install was a breeze. took about 15 minutes. The pieces have 3M tape on the back and the fitment is spot on perfect. The only trouble will be with the sliding cup holder cover. It was a little tricky sliding it in there to get it in the right spot but take it slow and it is no problem. The other pieces were simple.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Reactions: Tippster

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've ordered a bunch of stuff off eBay... clearly marked as "Material: Carbon Fiber" (or something similar).
So far, I've got the spoiler, center cover, and passenger dash cover. EVERYTHING else is that cheap ABS stuff... and the sellers paid for shipment back to China. :/

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I've ordered a bunch of stuff off eBay... clearly marked as "Material: Carbon Fiber" (or something similar).
So far, I've got the spoiler, center cover, and passenger dash cover. EVERYTHING else is that cheap ABS stuff... and the sellers paid for shipment back to China. :/
Better get it all before the tariffs go into place! :-(

Reactions: Tippster

·
Registered
272 Posts
i found that you have to be real careful when ordering the CF pieces. A lot of the China ones say they are "real carbon fiber" and technically they are. They are CF over fiberglass. When you contact them you need to ask them if they are 100% carbon fiber or CF over FRP I think is what they call it. The chinese versions look fine but supposedly they won't last as long and they will turn color. who knows? I always say buy what you want and can afford and if you're happy... who cares.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Bought these at AliExpress $12
Looks like carbon fiber and covers cheap plastic behind door handle. Looks good comes with 3M adhesive on back easy to install.
What about the pieces by the AC controls, the Vents and the shifter knob. Are those from the same place? Also do they look the same as the CF that is in the QV?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts