Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to pop the door handles off? Not happy with the paint I bought.

Does the door card have to come off or is there an easier way? Looking to replace rather than strip it. Looking into the carbon handles but not ready for them yet.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
In my years of auto care experience, I have only encountered one or two vehicles that didn't need to have their door panel-card removed before you are able to remove the exterior door handle.
It would be great if someone would post detailed instructions and diagrams that explain the step-by-step procedure to properly remove the door panel-card, without damaging it.
Modern cars, with their hidden-blind fasteners, require specific knowledge of the secret handshake, to remove so many of the interior trim parts, without damaging them.
I have also found, that in many instances, it is a good idea to have spare fasteners (clips) on hand, because sometimes, they are one use only fasteners, and must be replaced before reinstallation of the component.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No need to remove the door card. There's a bolt under a rubber plug on the door's edge, which allows you to remove the rear part of the handle. You can then take out the front part.

Thank you sir, you rock :) just saved me a lot of $

Andy - was having the same worry - a $49 part turns into a s-show having to take panels off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts