Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Ti-Sport-optioned Giulia "Giovanna" has given me almost 40,000 miles of wonderful service. I notice from some questions and seeing how the cars are now sold, do I have a collectible? My Giulia has the Sport package, the sunroof, all the electronic assists (only option I wanted-but-don't-have is LSD, no biggie in dry Southwest) AND I have wood trim. Am I the only one?
Vehicle Car Gear shift Light Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
The first I’ve seen wood (guessing vinyl?) trim. Where else is it located besides the center console?

Reactions: JMody

·
Supporting Vendor
726 Posts
We had the same dark wood in our Stelvio Ti Sport - it was (is) really nice and gave an expensive feel to the interior without being "blingy".

As others have said it is actual wood, and I really love that Alfa didn't make is glossy and fake looking like most wood interior trim. You can actually feel the grain, which I found myself actually doing from time to time.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
433 Posts
When we got our Stelvio Ti we asked the dealership to swap out the silver trim bits with a lower Stelvio's wood trim..

That was the deal!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Sir, your guess is wrong - that is stained and sealed oak. It is on the console, the dashboard/passenger side, and the little surrounds at each door handle.
View attachment 122715
Glad I was wrong! Very unique, love it!

Also irritating that these kinds of custom options are no longer available. 22,000 Option combinations to like 200.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've always loved the wood interior on cars. Wasn't an option for me with my Giulia. I have the faux carbon fibre look around the centre consol and door handles. Still like it a lot.

Two of my four Saab 93 Aeros ('90's shape) had a lovely wood panelling around the instrument cluster which you could take wood polish to. You could almost see yourself in it, it was so shiny...

Had it been an option for me on Giulia, I'd almost certainly have taken it :love: (y) . Pity it isn't an option anymore...:(

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,607 Posts
I've always loved the wood interior on cars. Wasn't an option for me with my Giulia. I have the faux carbon fibre look around the centre consol and door handles. Still like it a lot.

Two of my four Saab 93 Aeros ('90's shape) had a lovely wood panelling around the instrument cluster which you could take wood polish to. You could almost see yourself in it, it was so shiny...

Had it been an option for me on Giulia, I'd almost certainly have taken it :love: (y) . Pity it isn't an option anymore...:(
Faux carbon fiber? Was that done after you bought the car? I have seen textured plastic (base models) or "brushed" aluminum (Ti sport). QV has a real carbon fiber veneer. While brushed aluminum may have been the intent, it is actually painted aluminum. Real brushed aluminum is beautiful, but expensive and very fragile. I suspect that it is glare prone as well. The original Jag E-type (flat floor editions) had brushed aluminum dash and center console but that was abandoned pretty quickly.

It would be interesting to learn how that real wood trim is fabricated, as the trim is attached with plastic snaps.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Faux carbon fiber? Was that done after you bought the car? I have seen textured plastic (base models) or "brushed" aluminum (Ti sport). QV has a real carbon fiber veneer. While brushed aluminum may have been the intent, it is actually painted aluminum. Real brushed aluminum is beautiful, but expensive and very fragile. I suspect that it is glare prone as well. The original Jag E-type (flat floor editions) had brushed aluminum dash and center console but that was abandoned pretty quickly.

It would be interesting to learn how that real wood trim is fabricated, as the trim is attached with plastic snaps.
I guess it's more like textured plastic, rather than a carbon fibre look. To most of my mates, they wouldn't know it's not CF. Not all are car fanatics..

It's still a pretty decent look imho. The wing and diffuser are more like faux CF, which I did add myself.

Pics of both are attached fyp... (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
I guess it's more like textured plastic, rather than a carbon fibre look. To most of my mates, they wouldn't know it's not CF. Not all are car fanatics..

It's still a pretty decent look imho. The wing and diffuser are more like faux CF, which I did add myself.

Pics of both are attached fyp... (y)
I think that is the "brushed" (actually painted) aluminum. A restorers nightmare...

·
Registered
2020 Giulia 2.0 Ti Q4 Alfa Rosso
123 Posts
I have this as well on my Giulia. I thought it was fairly common? I remember seeing it on a '19 Ti Sport that I test drove in Tempe last year.

Reactions: Alfa Nut

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
I have this as well on my Giulia. I thought it was fairly common? I remember seeing it on a '19 Ti Sport that I test drove in Tempe last year.
When I ordered my car the wood trim was strictly only available on a Ti Lusso.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
448 Posts
I think that is the "brushed" (actually painted) aluminum. A restorers nightmare...
I think the wood trim was shipped in the early 2017 Ti Sports as I recall seeing some on the lot. A few months into the 2017 model they started showing up with the aluminum trim.

I have the aluminum trim on my 17 Ti Sport. The aluminum is laser etched. If you want to know more about the interior materials from the original interior concepts check out this video:

Reactions: Alfa Nut and 614

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
I think the wood trim was shipped in the early 2017 Ti Sports as I recall seeing some on the lot. A few months into the 2017 model they started showing up with the aluminum trim.

I have the aluminum trim on my 17 Ti Sport. The aluminum is laser etched. If you want to know more about the interior materials from the original interior concepts check out this video:

Sounds good, but my MY 2018 Sport has a pattern painted on to the aluminum. That pattern gets worn through revealing its nature where plastic bits rub on the aluminum. Some dismantling is required to see this as the plastic that does the rubbing covers the rub marks. I observed there where the center console cubby meets the center control aluminum panel when I opened it up to install an RDNA switch.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
18 Ti Q4 Lusso all options except the special windshield. Saddle brown leather and wood trim. Miles of smiles.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts