Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this for a while now but finally got around to posting it.

The backup camera shows 3 lines: 2 outside red/yellow/green lines for distance, and a middle dashed line which I'm guessing is to tell you if your wheels are straight.

The 2 photos below show my middle line as curving to the right even though my wheel is straight.

Anyone have any ideas or am I not understanding what the middle line is for?

Thanks

Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle Audi
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Steering part

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,147 Posts
My car does not have the center line. Maybe it can be disabled in the infotainment settings.
The camera is not centered on the rear of the car, causing the view to be slightly asymmetric. It is about 2" (50mm) to the right of center. Thus, if a correct center line is drawn, it will be angled when the steering is straight.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's hard to say from the pics. If you have concerns, try to back between two cones. Place them close to the width of the car, if those camera says you have space and you hit one, it's off.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Without seeing the angle the car is parked at from the outside, it's impossible to tell if the camera display angle is off. I would suggest parking inside some parking lot lines, make sure the steering wheel is centered, the car is in the center of and straight inside the parking lines, and check what the camera angle looks like then.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to try that. Right now I'm just going with what I see when I'm in my garage but I'll experiment with a parking lot. My concern is the dotted line itself even though the car is

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,287 Posts
its really hard to tell with camera angles but that steering wheel does not appear centred
i notice the line bends on mine with just a millimetre of turn on the wheel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts