Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2017 Alfa Romeo giulia base 2.0.

After the rain storm that we had the car won't start..

I have tried all kinds of things including replacing the starter relay... Clearing the codes... Unplugging the battery for a certain duration.

it only starts on every five or six attempts. Produces a lot of different codes.

the starter tries to turn on and then it just makes a steady worrying noise but no engine ignition.

One of the codes I get is in relationship to an open relay for the ECU... The other about the fuel injection module.

I will put down the codes when I take a look but does anybody know the location of the fuel pump or fuel in jection relay or module?

I think possibly got wet and that is part of the problem. I just don't know where it's located on the car.

Any help would be super appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2017 Alfa Romeo giulia base 2.0.

After the rain storm that we had the car won't start..

I have tried all kinds of things including replacing the starter relay... Clearing the codes... Unplugging the battery for a certain duration.

it only starts on every five or six attempts. Produces a lot of different codes.

the starter tries to turn on and then it just makes a steady worrying noise but no engine ignition.

One of the codes I get is in relationship to an open relay for the ECU... The other about the fuel injection module.

I will put down the codes when I take a look but does anybody know the location of the fuel pump or fuel in jection relay or module?

I think possibly got wet and that is part of the problem. I just don't know where it's located on the car.

Any help would be super appreciated. Thank you
This probably won’t help, but I’ll just mention that there are two starter relays. Dealer replaced both in my car because the code it throws apparently doesn’t specify which is bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming these are the relays that are behind the passenger headlight...correct?

I found two relay holders in that area. One had two relays in it and the other had one.

The little holder that had the two relays... I replaced both of them. I did not replace the other one.

Do you know if I'm in the right place and replacing the right relays?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I'm assuming these are the relays that are behind the passenger headlight...correct?

I found two relay holders in that area. One had two relays in it and the other had one.

The little holder that had the two relays... I replaced both of them. I did not replace the other one.

Do you know if I'm in the right place and replacing the right relays?
Sorry, that I don’t know since dealer replaced mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be safe I'll probably replace every single relay in that area.

The codes I'm getting are p0611 - fuel injector control module performance

And p0685 - EXN/PCM power relay control circuit open

Does anybody have any ideas of where I can start?

Ken

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I would also check the Body Control Module in the passenger footwell for water, been known to happen.....
see also:

Attachments

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,947 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts