Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Does anybody found any problem after performing an Ecu-Remap (Stage 1, ECU Flash) on your Giulia?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll .Does anybody found any problem after performing an Ecu-Remap (Stage 1, ECU Flash)?
If yes explain what Problem.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia TI Sport
89 Posts
So every time I've flashed it throws the car into limp mode with a solid CET. My solution has become either clear it with the Euro+Drive or what's probably the safer and natural way for the car is to drive it around a bit, stop, turn it off and let it sit for a couple minutes, then drive it more, stop and let it sit, and when I turn it on for that 3rd time it's gone and the car works perfectly. Clearing it also does work although doing that might be the current cause of why I'm not putting down the power I should be. Haven't confirmed its a messed up flash but it's currently one of the possibilities on my list.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
747 Posts
With JB4 I threw CEL and went into limp mode a couple times a few weeks ago. I flashed to latest firmware and thought I was good, but it just threw a CEL randomly on my way to work Monday. I'm now running map1 instead of 2 or 3 which both worked great with tons of dragy runs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With JB4 I threw CEL and went into limp mode a couple times a few weeks ago. I flashed to latest firmware and thought I was good, but it just threw a CEL randomly on my way to work Monday. I'm now running map1 instead of 2 or 3 which both worked great with tons of dragy runs.
No engine damage?

·
Registered
316 Posts
CEL is quite common after ECU flash, but in most cases 5 times ignition on/off can fix it out, but in my case it went away in the morning next day ;)

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,661 Posts
Never had an issue with EC E+D Phase 2 ecu flashing.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
8 Posts
CEL is quite common after ECU flash, but in most cases 5 times ignition on/off can fix it out, but in my case it went away in the morning next day ;)
Just wanted to say this helped a lot. I was having a problem with a CEL appearing after flashing the ECU. Only appeared after the tune was applied. Tried this and magically gone. It has only been a day so not saying it is 100% good, but at least better than it was.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just wanted to say this helped a lot. I was having a problem with a CEL appearing after flashing the ECU. Only appeared after the tune was applied. Tried this and magically gone. It has only been a day so not saying it is 100% good, but at least better than it was.
Great, glad that it helps :)

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,661 Posts
It's interesting to hear about people having issues after flashing the ECU. I've probably flashed mine a solid 10 times, probably 15, and I don't remember ever having codes. Are you making sure that the handheld is up to date?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Do you by chance know what error code it had? Mine was related to the IBS system. Trying to figure out if it is random or if there is some consistency.
Hmm that is interesting, if its IBS then it could be something related with battery, weird :unsure::unsure:but as far as I remember I have seen some procedure related to battery disconnection after ECU flashing, but not sure what that was exactly.

In my case I got very generic error P0401 which I could not erase on my own (even with flasher device which should support cleaning CEL)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's interesting to hear about people having issues after flashing the ECU. I've probably flashed mine a solid 10 times, probably 15, and I don't remember ever having codes. Are you making sure that the handheld is up to date?
Yes, fully up to date. I updated it after I got it before I connected it to my car, about a week and a half ago. It had another update a few days later and I had hoped that would fix the issue. After looking through the forums to figure out what may be going on it doesn't seem to happen to terribly often and when it does there isn't a lot of information. I tried phase 1, phase 2, phase 2 (pops and bangs) and all did the same thing. As soon as I would go back to factory it would go away. If it did stay after going back to factory I could let it sit for about 15 minutes and it would be gone. But while tuned it just stuck, until the consecutive restarts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
One more interesting fact. I got also CEL one more time. It was when I mixed lower octanes petrol (10l of 98 octanes) with high 100 octanes (which was my standard all the time).

I was always refilling with shell v-power 100 (RON=99). CEL did not appear directly after adding lower octane petrol, but it appeared next morning when I started engine (CEL, limp mode, DNA not available). I could not erase it with my eMotion device (flasher from Celtic Tuning), but I did not try 5 times ignition on/off.
I had to visit one guy who has cleaned a lot of related errors, but don't remember what that was exactly at that time.

As I said it happens only once (when I mixed petrol in tank), but not 100% sure if there is correlation between used petrol and CEL in that case. Since that time (end of July this year) everything runs perfectly, no CEL, but refilling only shell 100 octanes gasoline.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmm that is interesting, if its IBS then it could be something related with battery, weird :unsure::unsure:but as far as I remember I have seen some procedure related to battery disconnection after ECU flashing, but not sure what that was exactly.

In my case I got very generic error P0401 which I could not erase on my own (even with flasher device which should support cleaning CEL)
I thought something may have been up with my battery. The temperature has started to drop, so I thought maybe that was part of it. I put the battery on a trickle charger but same results. Took it in to the the shop but they couldn't find an issue. Even tried letting the car warm up longer before doing the rev process. I have 0 clue why it threw an error or why this fixed it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts