Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined and figured I'd say hi but also ask a question. I know a 5 year warranty isn't bad but I can't get the Giulia Quadrifoglio out of my mind and ideal scenario is picking one up that's taken a depreciation hit and comes in at a lower price with a longer warranty. Does Alfa even offer these? I'm going to hopefully go drive at least one of these tomorrow and see if the experience sticks with me as much as the idea has. Montecarlo Blue is the ideal. Hopefully it's better than the Ghibli loaner I sampled recently! The lack of manual was a disappointment, but I still want to go give this car a shot. Currently driving a 996 Turbo Porsche but sniffing around for something new. A C63S is tempting too but I've been in this great position where my car barely depreciates, so I have a bit of mixed feelings going in.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have not seen anything about certified preowned. I was told by one Alfa dealer that when they do get ahold of a used QV it has not depreciated much. They may still be too new and sought after for much depreciation. I am sure it will hit in another year or two once the market is more saturated.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't believe you're going to see much of a depreciation hit on QVs yet, the local dealer had one with 1200 miles on it and it was still going for around 76 K. I think you're probably a year or so away from seeing that .....

·
Registered
271 Posts
I don't believe you're going to see much of a depreciation hit on QVs yet, the local dealer had one with 1200 miles on it and it was still going for around 76 K. I think you're probably a year or so away from seeing that .....
LOL. You are dead wrong.

Go ask your dealer what a $82K '17 QV they will buy for...$60k tops (most AR dealer won't even buy it back at all for used lot). The depreciation on these cars are about the worst I've ever seen on any brand. Does not matter what they ask, go ask them what they will buy your car for--it's UGLY! Just weekend money for me, but some may care that their QV is tanking worse than any car on the market.

Go ask dealer before you say that's impossible...

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
I think Alfa will need to offer a CPO program to stay competitive, but I think it will happen about the same time they start getting 2017 cars back from their 3-year leases.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mint just told me my 2017 Quad with 10,100 miles is worth:

$62,767

It stickered at $77,495 almost exactly 6 months ago. That's a loss of $2,454 per month - seems fairly substantial to me...

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
573 Posts
LOL. You are dead wrong.

Go ask your dealer what a $82K '17 QV they will buy for...$60k tops (most AR dealer won't even buy it back at all for used lot). The depreciation on these cars are about the worst I've ever seen on any brand. Does not matter what they ask, go ask them what they will buy your car for--it's UGLY! Just weekend money for me, but some may care that their QV is tanking worse than any car on the market.

Dealer is never going to pay you retail/resale value for your car. And no one on here cares what you carry in your pocket.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Dealer is never going to pay you retail/resale value for your car. And no one on here cares what you carry in your pocket.
No kidding ding dong. I'm just letting others know where pricing is on trades.

OH, and I could careless what you carry (which is not much Chevy boy) in your pocket either.

·
Registered
334 Posts
LOL. You are dead wrong.

TinyQuad, What I was referring to was the fact there aren't a lot of low-mileage QV's available yet that someone would associate with a clean CPO program. A dealer is never going to give you what you paid for your car or close to it. Alfa is also working to re-establish the brand in the US, there depreciation is a bit high right now, hopefully that will level out some. You think your dealer is going to give you what you paid for it ?? I hope you're not that naive ..... I would imagine mine is worth about 60 K, but I have no intentions of trading it in so its not a problem .....

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Way Too Soon

I don't think your going to see CPO anything Alfa for at least 3/4 years tops....as @JoeCab mentioned car is too new to market as is the manufacturer
Your best bet is to buy someones who has perhaps purchased an extended warranty if you don;t want to wait that long...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think Alfa will need to offer a CPO program to stay competitive, but I think it will happen about the same time they start getting 2017 cars back from their 3-year leases.
this seems to make the most sense.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Uh, they're already in the mid-60s on places like Cargurus and elsewhere.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ersModified=true#listing=197047273_isFeatured

You figure a deal is going to be done around 85-90% of that figure.

Alfa is pretty famous for its depreciation.

Hence why I'm waiting to pounce on a minty QV, once more hit the market. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
4C prices are in the $40's for a low miles used one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wow, some of you guys are uptight regarding resale value. Just enjoy your awesome car!

In this era of "SUV all the things!" surely no one is surprised a luxury sedan is depreciating at a breathtaking rate.

Throw in questionable/unknown reliability of a brands first effort back in the US after exiting with a reputation for the same and you have a recipe for disaster.

I see this as an excellent opportunity for us waiting on the sideline for a gently used/leftover new model to fall right into their laps at an attractive price.

Dealer somewhat local to me has a 2017 QV with ~800 miles for < 65K, and that's the asking price!

Wish I was in the market right now...though I must admit I'm hoping to get a 2018 or newer in a year or two since I like the idea of the the electrical gremlins being worked out already.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know a 5 year warranty isn't bad but I can't get the Giulia Quadrifoglio out of my mind and ideal scenario is picking one up that's taken a depreciation hit and comes in at a lower price with a longer warranty.
New car warranty is 4 years/50K, and normally a factory Certified warranty adds 2 years to remaining warranty, so typical lease return will have a 3 years of warranty for used buyer if Alfa offered a certified program. My guess is that they will offer something, as there will be a lot of lease returns in a couple of years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a really crappy test drive at one place and then phoned another spot and got a very good one. These things really go! It's no Mercedes inside but a **** of a car on the driving front. The difference between the softest and hardest damper setting was pretty nuts too. From talking to the dealer it sounds like my ideal spec isn't even something the factory is putting out, so I may have to pony up and order a car or just wait for something close to come up used. Still missing a manual gearbox, but we'll see where it goes and what I can get selling my current car.

I hope all you lot are enjoying these things in good health whether you're worried about depreciation or not. Lease rates are nuts and few are taking up that option, but from what I was hearing if they did they were mostly 2 year leases, so maybe we'll see something happen in the future if there's enough inventory coming back.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Uh, they're already in the mid-60s on places like Cargurus and elsewhere.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ersModified=true#listing=197047273_isFeatured

You figure a deal is going to be done around 85-90% of that figure.

Alfa is pretty famous for its depreciation.

Hence why I'm waiting to pounce on a minty QV, once more hit the market. :wink2:
Yes, Mid-60's for re-sale for a car that cost $72,000 without any discounts. My point exactly..... Once you hit the two-three period I think you will see some great deals, right now it looks a bit early. Mid-60's for a used car, even low mileage is still pretty much an expected price. Buy the car because you want one and want to drive it, if you're buying it as an investment and are expecting no depreciation, you will probably be disappointed...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
There will always be a gap on trade or resale under retail because the new seller has to make some profit in the flip. You see that on the resto shows all the time. Just wait until a few more of them are crashed to make them a little more scarce. ;) But seriously, don't worry about it. My car is blowing my mind and I am pretty sure I won't even think twice about the coupe. First auto show season is over and still no coupe photos. The drawings I've seen are exaggerated and grotesque. I have also noticed that the sitting height seems higher than the BMWs and Audis. I almost wonder if the Giorgio chassis was developed with the Stelvio in mind as well. Compared to my lowered Miata and 360, it feels large and high. Corners great of course, but it seams all the other sport sedans have a lower body or window line. Maybe it's my springs that need to settle ;)

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Had a really crappy test drive at one place and then phoned another spot and got a very good one. These things really go! It's no Mercedes inside but a **** of a car on the driving front. The difference between the softest and hardest damper setting was pretty nuts too. From talking to the dealer it sounds like my ideal spec isn't even something the factory is putting out, so I may have to pony up and order a car or just wait for something close to come up used. Still missing a manual gearbox, but we'll see where it goes and what I can get selling my current car.

I hope all you lot are enjoying these things in good health whether you're worried about depreciation or not. Lease rates are nuts and few are taking up that option, but from what I was hearing if they did they were mostly 2 year leases, so maybe we'll see something happen in the future if there's enough inventory coming back.
Yeah, the lease rates on the QV are very high, but I leased a Ti Q4 for two years at the same rate as the 3 year plan.

Reactions: Alfaholico
1 - 20 of 34 Posts