Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure, you got 505hp, can turn traction control off, and it's a better looking car overall -- but can your QV carry 8' sticks of lumber inside the passenger compartment, when the SO takes the wagon of utility and you're left with sports cars and the Alfa?

No, it can't -- you smug bastards!

Non QV: 1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There’s the stelvio QV...

But then again there’s always the Home Depot rental trucks that are pretty cheap and you don’t have to worry about scratches on the interior.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I usually just throw the plywood and 2 x 4's on my roof !!!

NO TOWELS TO PROTECT THE INTERIOR ????

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,796 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
In school they told us it was for strutural rigidity due to the power of the car, which I doubt but maybe I guess?
I think not. There is a post of a picture of a QV with the rear seat removed (stereo upgrade?) and there is no obvious QV specific structure behind the seats.

OTOH, those folding seats are heavy and maybe without hinges or seatbacks that are strong enough to allow for "stuff" to be stacked on top the QV rear seats are lighter?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think not. There is a post of a picture of a QV with the rear seat removed (stereo upgrade?) and there is no obvious QV specific structure behind the seats.

OTOH, those folding seats are heavy and maybe without hinges or seatbacks that are strong enough to allow for "stuff" to be stacked on top the QV rear seats are lighter?
I think they meant the seat back was the added structure, but I agree it sounds like bs. The seat weight may be the actual reason, but I can’t say, this is just what they told us at Alfa training.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NO TOWELS TO PROTECT THE INTERIOR ????
for the trunk and seat backs which are carpet, no. I held the wood up from touching the armrest.

The SO was complaining that I won't let our 85lb husky in the car, cause he sheds when you look at him -- but I'll transport bundles of wood around, once.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think they meant the seat back was the added structure, but I agree it sounds like bs. The seat weight may be the actual reason, but I can’t say, this is just what they told us at Alfa training.
It's just ridiculous -- when a lower trim has a feature a higher trim lacks. I know a few other manufactures do this, but it's just dumb.

Do the QVs even have a pass-thru?

Reactions: RyanC883

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
No I think not. Where is my Stelvio? :D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
One tip for using a sedan as a lumber carrier is to get some long thin boxes and put them right down the middle. When I remodeled my kitchen I got some long thin boxes they shipped the crown trim in. I taped a few of them together to make a nice lumber carrier you can slide 2x4’s or whatever in and no worries of scratches and much easier to get things in and out. Worked great on my S3. My QV doesn’t have the fold down rear seats but the same thing should work on other Giulia’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
with lumber and stuff in the bmw sedan, I've stuck the 2x4's up through the sunroof, and cut drywall in the parking lot to fit in back.
purchasing large boxed items like a wheelbarrow and lawnmower required unpacking the unassembled items in the HD parking lot.
shrubbery requires constant attention to what the wife is selecting, as anything taller has to lay down, which means less room for other stuff.
it will be nice to have a stelvio, and a trailer for "special" occasions.

maybe it's not a track car, but if this autoexpress review is close to accurate, it's all I need for grins:

"Like the preposterous acceleration, the way the Stelvio can be hustled down a back road is equally hilarious"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts