Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
call it coincidental but I had 2 close encounters with Maserati drivers recently...one white Ghibli(who was very aggressive) and one blue Q-GTS not so much......
was cruising along minding my own business came up to a traffic light in the right lane and the Ghibli was already at the light in the left but behind another car...light turns I go, he whips around the other car and flies up my keester....next light same thing.....so I get annoyed and leave a little spirited, hop on the highway service road to go home and he follows me:surprise:.....
the Q-GTS was a chance encounter on the highway last night and I have to say that V8 sounds just wonderful...and I believe it makes a little more Hp 525??..but being its heavier..
just an observation as this is the first time that this has happened....anybody else experience something like this???

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Professore, I am guessing its a bit of jealousy with a twinge of envy on their part when they see someone driving a rare, fantastic looking car with phenomenal performance to boot like yours....... they just want to prove something or are trying to justify their car choice....

I have had a few people trying to race me when I am in my driving my 911 or even the Jeep SRT, of course they weren't Maseratis...... Buona Pasqua!

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Professore, I am guessing its a bit of jealousy with a twinge of envy on their part when they see someone driving a rare, fantastic looking car with phenomenal performance to boot like yours....... they just want to prove something or are trying to justify their car choice....

I have had a few people trying to race me when I am in my driving my 911 or even the Jeep SRT, of course they weren't Maseratis...... Buona Pasqua!
Salve Dottore!!
Buona Pasqua a te` e` la tua famiglia!! Cosa mangiamo oggi??:grin2:

You know what, its all good, just don;t want someone getting carried away and possibly hurting someone else driving silly...
When I was younger and sadly more foolish I'm sure I did the same thing at some point....

saluti da NY
M

·
Registered
14 Posts

I feel bad for what Iococca did to the once magnificent Maserati marque in the 80s. Shoulda been flogged for virtually erasing Il Tridente's legacy with that cheap-ass K-car chassis. They're just starting to recover and along comes the first hot street Alfa in 50 years.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
call it coincidental but I had 2 close encounters with Maserati drivers recently...one white Ghibli(who was very aggressive) and one blue Q-GTS not so much......
was cruising along minding my own business came up to a traffic light in the right lane and the Ghibli was already at the light in the left but behind another car...light turns I go, he whips around the other car and flies up my keester....next light same thing.....so I get annoyed and leave a little spirited, hop on the highway service road to go home and he follows me:surprise:.....
the Q-GTS was a chance encounter on the highway last night and I have to say that V8 sounds just wonderful...and I believe it makes a little more Hp 525??..but being its heavier..
just an observation as this is the first time that this has happened....anybody else experience something like this???
It's a Ghibli, it's probably a local university kid with an attitude. It's a lame car

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are some great people in the Maserati crowd, but they have their share of losers as well, just like every other car group. Don't let it bother you.

Greg
not at all..I'm too old a bunny to let something like that bother me...was just an observation because up until those 2 incidents I have not had anyone do that...I was expecting to find M3s & AMGs lining up to take a piece out of a Quad as there are so few around...and yet nothing....here come 2 Masers and they decide they want to play...was wondering if anyone else had that experience...

·
Registered
576 Posts
not at all..I'm too old a bunny to let something like that bother me...was just an observation because up until those 2 incidents I have not had anyone do that...I was expecting to find M3s & AMGs lining up to take a piece out of a Quad as there are so few around...and yet nothing....here come 2 Masers and they decide they want to play...was wondering if anyone else had that experience...
That's like a Prius harrassing a Tesla!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You should carry a sign with you in the QV, when you see Masers messing with you just pull it out, it should read:

Follow me to Lime Rock and I will teach you how to drive your car without embarrassing you in public roads........

>:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
You should carry a sign with you in the QV, when you see Masers messing with you just pull it out, it should read:

Follow me to Lime Rock and I will teach you how to drive your car without embarrassing you in public roads........

>:)
Most of the Maser people don't track those cars, and if they do, the Giulia QV will easily beat them.

Greg

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Most of the Maser people don't track those cars, and if they do, the Giulia QV will easily beat them.

Greg
That was exactly my point.......

The Giulia will easily beat a Maser if drivers are equal.......

Reactions: FX_Hedge

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wait the story never finished... how far did he follow you.... I'm curious now.
The QP GTS got off the highway 1 exit prior to mine...so it was more like cat & mouse...
the white Ghilbli followed me almost home, but I live on a private road so he could not enter....
now that I mentioned this thread....on my way home from the NY Auto Show yesterday...and M4 chased me down..pulled up next to me..blipped his throttle...and took off....we happened to be going the same way for a while so I let him move along as there was traffic and County Police about...
I think this pissed him off

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Professore, I think your targa is definitely drawing attention and interest....... Bravo!

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's the sound. Short of Supercars like Ferraris, Maseratis are some of the best sounding on the road.

When Maser drivers hear another dog with a big bark, they need to bark too. It's definitely NOT about speed.

But compared to Italian cars, BMWs sound like wet farts.
ohh I think my E39 M5 would make you think differently:grin2: but you are right Masers sound niiice....and frankly the Quad sounds nicer...especially running through the gears at full tilt...:wink2:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts