Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a Giulia Quadrifoglio soon and KBB says I should pay 10k under MSRP for it. Is this realistic? will dealers accept this? Don't know much about KBB and dealership relationships

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
:smile2:
Getting a Giulia Quadrifoglio soon and KBB says I should pay 10k under MSRP for it. Is this realistic? will dealers accept this? Don't know much about KBB and dealership relationships

Don’t know either. However, i was interested in checking this out so I went to Autotrader. The low (highest discount they have seen is 9k and the lowest if 4K) so I think 10k off a new MY is optimistic but depends on the dealer. If you are lucky and your local dealer is desperate or they work off volumes maybe. Otherwise I would not bank on $10k but you can give it a shot. Look at the range in the KBB.

Maybe you would be better off waiting until the 2019 are out and look at 2018. Or are you looking to get exactly what you want and order it to your spec and get $10k off?

AlfaOhio is showing $8k off internet price. Maybe that is their starting point and you can work them down $10 or more:grin2:

·
Registered
316 Posts
No, they don't have to honor it. It is just a guide that was originally created to let bankers know how much a used car was worth for loan purposes. The price you pay for a particular car on a lot depends on a number of factors, some you can control and some you cannot.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No, they don't have to honor it. It is just a guide that was originally created to let bankers know how much a used car was worth for loan purposes. The price you pay for a particular car on a lot depends on a number of factors, some you can control and some you cannot.

....and when it comes to used (trade-in) pricing I always get confronted by a salesman with Manheim results which are even lower. Of course that number is diluted down due to the nature of it being a wholesale auction, not open to the general public, includes previously damaged cars, little opportunity for inspection or engine start-up etc, hence increased risk and thus lower prices, etc, etc.

Back to the OP, a dealer will, and can sell, for any price within reason. The posts here and testimonials from various different dealers should speak volumes - more than a published guide which is general and ignores this is a new model, new dealer network and until now limited audience. There are deals and $5-8K off seems customary. $10-12K off on the QV is possible, depending.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
^ KBB doesn't write you a check when trading in a car, nor do they have any role in the negotiation process when buying a car

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
:smile2:

Don’t know either. However, i was interested in checking this out so I went to Autotrader. The low (highest discount they have seen is 9k and the lowest if 4K) so I think 10k off a new MY is optimistic but depends on the dealer. If you are lucky and your local dealer is desperate or they work off volumes maybe. Otherwise I would not bank on $10k but you can give it a shot. Look at the range in the KBB.

Maybe you would be better off waiting until the 2019 are out and look at 2018. Or are you looking to get exactly what you want and order it to your spec and get $10k off?

AlfaOhio is showing $8k off internet price. Maybe that is their starting point and you can work them down $10 or more:grin2:
I don't think you are going to see that anywhere unless you go to a 2017 QV. $8k is still a sizable discount and that is offered from a big internet dealer that you have to be comfortable getting it delivered in open carrier to you or add the cost of you flying out to check it out or buy sight unseen. Some of us are very comfortable with that. If you are looking local our dealers are not coming close to those discounts and like they told us, well there is a risk with the way we purchased it and we accepted that risk. If you go to your local dealers and depending on what your expectations are they may laugh when you mention KBB. I would have the most research done understand what you are looking for, color, wheels, options etc. if there are a lot of them you may have wiggle room. Locally the QV's were the least discounted of all the trims and lucky to get $6k off more like $4k. It would have cost us an extra grand to get covered carrier so I factored that into the cost and the cost of an airline ticket and gas to get home....so did the local dealers.

So is it the discount or the car and figure out what you can afford. Amortize the difference over the time you expect to keep the car and go from there. A grand difference is material if you plan to keep the car 2 years. Longer it is immaterial.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts