Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After three weeks with the Giulia I grew concerned with how much and how hard the seat belt buckle bangs against the lower part of the B pillar. So I decided to do something about it! I got these felt pads from my local WalMart and just cut the felt to fit the back of the buckle. Cheap and easy fix. I'm sure if I looked harder I could find a thinner felt with a black color but this will do for now.

Now the buckle doesn't slam up against the bottom of the B pillar when I remove the belt to exit the car. Hooray!

Attachments

Reactions: cptwei

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
My first car in recent memory without an adjustable B-pillar D-ring.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It slams at the bottom of B pillar because you did not adjust the tension ring right below the buckle to appropriate height on the belt, you probably have same slaming sound on passenger side even though passanger's buckle has backing on it already

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It slams at the bottom of B pillar because you did not adjust the tension ring ... you probably have same slaming sound on passenger side even though passanger's buckle has backing on it already
100% positive no backing on the passenger buckle. I'll look for the adjustment you mentioned tomorrow, but if it's there, it's not obvious. The adjustment would need to be on the buckle itself to prevent what I'm referring to and in the photos you can see there's no adjustment like that available.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Look closely on your third picture, right below the buckle there is a tension ring that you slide up so that the buckle stays at your shoulder height when belt is unbuckled, no slamming.....the backing on passenger side is a loop, not same quality that you made but it does prevent annoying noises when buckle rests at shoulder heights

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I completely missed the tension ring, thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My Miata has a slot in the b pillar where you can insert the buckle tip. I think it also doubles as an extra strap or latch location for securing a hardtop.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look closely on your third picture, right below the buckle there is a tension ring that you slide up so that the buckle stays at your shoulder height when belt is unbuckled, no slamming.....the backing on passenger side is a loop, not same quality that you made but it does prevent annoying noises when buckle rests at shoulder heights
Good information

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Very simple and practical solution. Fab!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Man, am I happy I read this post. I never saw the tension ring! When that seat belt slams the b-pillar I would always think my phone had slipped out of my pocket. Haha. Glad I don’t have to hear that sound anymore!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I have Sparco’s and part of my buckle has protection like what I see in your picks. Just not the protruding square but the buckle is strapped.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
My Miata has a slot in the b pillar where you can insert the buckle tip. I think it also doubles as an extra strap or latch location for securing a hardtop.
I thought these were for opening your beer bottle?

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
You just saved me asking if I could adjust it. Having the buckle so low down next to the seat is a pain to access. However, my 2019 doesn't have a ring, but a sliding plastic "bar" that sort of does a reasonable job keeping the buckle in one position. The buckle still scrapes against the B-pillar trim though.
Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
702 Posts
tension ring doesn't always stay in place. the felt is a good addition.

also BMWs don't have the height adjuster on the pillar either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts