Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have the RennStand by Safejack on order
Load rating 3 tons (6,000 lbs) per stand Weight per stand - 14 lbs
Minimum height 11.5 inches Maximum height 16.5 inches
Rennstand adds approximately 1.9 inches or 50 MM to the lowest setting of your jack including the jack pad

https://safejacks.com/products/the-rennstand-by-safe-jack

https://safejacks.com/products/tesla-rennstand-jack-pad

2 1/2" Base with 3/4" Stud

My jack at lowest is 4", these should just fit under car, Alfa jack points are 2:square / 1" hole, when they come in I'll give a review.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
As for raising the Giulia, would there be a problem using a floor jack with a wood block on the saddle, under the rear differential housing?
As for the front, the same jack under the front suspension lower control arm?
Then place the jack stands under the jacking posts.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You have a number of options, but putting a jackstand under some part of the car that was not designed for it it not one of them. The underside of my Etype was serious bent, obviously from someone putting a jack stand where it did not belong.

3) Dig a service pit under the floor. Very expensive, can have flooding problems. Is dangerous around children (fall hazard). Can increase Radon intrusion into the building.
Not recommended for more reasons than the fall hazard. The pit is a confined space where poisonous gases and fumes collect, sometimes explosively. Many a mechanic has gone into a service pit and never come out. They are illegal for any and all commercial or industrial use.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So I decided to take the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia to the local Firestone shop near my home. Had the new tires mounted there and the service managers were wonderful. The technicians were good to the car and were very careful. So I decided to get the oil changed at the same location. The service manager ordered the CORRECT oil and filter and did the job for $71.41. Price included tax and all the shop charges. Of course, they weren't able to reset the SERVICE INDICATOR, but the service manager said he would research. So he did and called me the same day. I took the car the following day and was able to reset the SERVICE INDICATOR that comes up on the dash. He had the WiTech product and with some patience he was successful. He was VERY happy that he not only learned something but was able to do and provided great customer satisfaction. To the team at Firestone in Northfield, NJ. you have a new and loyal customer!

Regards,
Ray

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I recently changed my oil at 16,000 miles can someone tell me how long after I need to change oil
Every 10k miles or 12 months unless the car tells you to change it earlier based on driving conditions.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I used an SRT filter on my last oil change....I cant say as it makes any difference but it is a bigger filter and its supposed to be a better quality...its a Mopar part #5038041aa for anyone interested

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
So how do you reset the service reminder for the oil change, what did I miss?
I use MultiEcuScan, the latest version seems to reset both reminders.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts