Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Giovanni I appreciate your time as many of us are trying to find an approved oil for topping off
or self oil changes. I have already known that my local CarQuest/AdvancedAutoParts store has
the Pennzoil Euro LX but I been a long time fan of Castrol and that's why I wanted to make sure
it met the spec. I called Carquest and they were too busy to check the bottle (which might not
list the spec) and asked that I call back. I'm heading out soon so I called Castro USA, 800-462-0835.
They were very helpful and came back on the phone after checking. Sorry but according to Castrol
the EDGE 0W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil does not meet the Fiat spec. Perhaps a Castrol in Euro does?

Castrol does not have an oil in the US that meets Fiat 9.55535-GS1

PS: I see while I'm writing this that you are trying to post a photo of the bottle with spec. Where
was it bought in the US and was it recently?

·
Registered
312 Posts
YES bought in us at advance auto parts i will try an upload phot again in a bit.. uploading pics us a challenge for some reason.. but the label clearly states it meets the fiat spec

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
One more thing, when you remove the drain plug oil shoots out about a foot.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Did it myself today, early at 5k. Biggest hassle bottom cover 19 screws.
Dealer $11+ tax for oil filter
Oil 6 x 9.49= 56.94 +tax
riparke,
So, what oil did you use?
Where did you purchase it?
Was the dealer purchased oil filter in a MOPAR box?
If so, was the part # M0-339?
Did you use all 6qts. ?
Did it bring the digital oil level to exactly full?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0w-30 from AdvanceAuto
Filter in mopar box 4892339AA
About 5.5 qts
about 1/8" from fill line

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0w-30 from AdvanceAuto
Filter in mopar box 4892339AA
About 5.5 qts
about 1/8" from fill line
Thanks for the quick reply!
I believe that the MOPAR box would also have the MO-339 part number.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
339 is the last numbers in the part number off receipt, I toss the box into the trash.
Did the oil filter come with a drain plug washer?

·
Registered
774 Posts
No, drain plug has a rubber washer attached to it. Did not leak, I guess if you over tighten you could destroy it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm looking at software/hardware combo.
https://electronic-fuchs.de/epages/e87b02f8-46da-4792-be6d-42392d89d882.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/e87b02f8-46da-4792-be6d-42392d89d882/Products/1000-8M-(0,3kg)

To be able to rest oil counter, I like that their OBD-microcontroller quote "isolation between vehicle and computer. A direct electrical connection between your vehicle and the PC does not exist. This will help protect your vehicle and your computer from damage that may occur by the vehicle electronics or computer". Don't know if the cheap ELM327 wireless would work, their unit is USB to plug into your laptop.

·
Registered
84 Posts
will you not lose the warranty if we did not get the oil changed at dealer or service center?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts